All Discussions (42585)

Sort by

Clive Churchill Medal

If anyone knows one person on the entire planet who thought Billy Slater was man of the match, then please let me know. Adam Blair was so clearly Melbourne's best player it wasn't funny. I would of copped Cooper Cronk or Ryan Hoffman. I would have ev

Read more…
18 Replies
Views: 21

Cayless favoured to play

Eels CEO Paul Osborne has told media that Nathan Cayless is now "a better than 50-50 chance of playing". "So fingers crossed. He deserves to be playing, making the team."," Osborne was quoted as saying on ABC Online.

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 13

Storm sledged by slippery Eel

Melbourne Storm players have been given a friendly reminder by a Parramatta fan outside their hotel in Sydney's east that they are in enemy territory for Sunday's NRL grand final. The Storm took a dip at Coogee Beach but were interrupted by a drum-be

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 42

Storm Grand Final teamsheet

1Eyed Eel casts his one-eye over the Melbourne Storm grand final teamsheet. 1. Billy Slater Showed his true colours when Jarryd dominated the sook last time these two teams played, resorting to dog, niggling actions in a lame attempt to assert some a

Read more…
24 Replies
Views: 29

Eels Grand Final Teamsheet

1Eyed Eel looks at each of the mighty Eels in this special Grand Final edition teamsheet 1. Jarryd Hayne The best player in the world lines up at fullback for the Eels. The Storm doesn't know where he's going to pop up on Sunday, hell, neither do we.

Read more…
13 Replies
Views: 27

Eels motto: Be Honest

Be Honest. That's the motto that has taken the Parramatta Eels from Zeroes to Heroes, Feleti Mateo has told the Herald. ''When I hear the boys start shouting it, I know I want to go into another gear,'' Mateo was quoted as saying. ''Be Honest - we're

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 103

Mortimer looks like staying an Eel

It was only last week that Peter Mortimer was hinting that Daniel Mortimer would not think of signing a contract until mid-way through next year and that a move to the Bulldogs was a distinct possibility. However, swept up in the euphoria of the Eel'

Read more…
8 Replies
Views: 8

Minor Site Changes & News

Just a quick blog to let you know of some minor site changes I've made. I added a new Blog category called Media Reports. So if you post a link to a story appearing in the media, please file it under this category. You can then click through to see a

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 17

Hindy back in rep contention

Nathan Hindmarsh is back in rep contention, with Australian coach Tim Sheens telling the Herald that the Eels second-rower would have been in the Kangaroos train-on squad had Parramatta lost on the weekend. ''If Parramatta had been eliminated from th

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 14

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"💯 I wish I could be as you mentioned but I'll always fight for an under dog always ."
13 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Please stop fooling yourself if it isn't paying $1.01 a dead cert you'd be out the back for sure.Being up the front online doesn't count."
14 minutes ago
"If it was worth doing it I would Frank hows it worked for you throwing stones exactly how long have you been beating that drum.Whose still the coach all this hot air and how's that worked for you exactly.What effect has all your commentary had."
15 minutes ago
"Well where does this leave us.
We are still in a position of same same coach regardless what do we do as a club keep throwing stones and make ourselves feel better doing so.
Dunno mate it all feels academic for me.
We got a board that's conservative…"
25 minutes ago
More…