All Discussions (42556)

Sort by

Should we go the utility route?

As we saw last week when Parramatta was only able to give 20 minutes to Frank Pritchard, it's debatable as to whether we need four forwards on the bench. Without injuries, we've got players who can easily handle the required number of minutes.

Paul M

Read more…
63 Replies
Views: 23

One Side: Eels vs Dragons R2

Select the best side using ANY of the following players from both sides. ue you could play Josh Dugan in the centres for example (I think doing it that way will result in a more diverse series of selections)

1. Bevan French

1. Josh Dugan

Read more…
17 Replies
Views: 38

Michael Jennings contribution

A lot has been said about the individual contributions of a lot of players, but I think one guy that really hasn't received any kudos was Michael Jennings.

His stats are outstanding - 162 metres from 17 hitups. That was the most metreage of any outsi

Read more…
83 Replies

Why all strikes aren't equal

Life is easier when you live in a world that is black and white. If you see black it must mean one thing. If you see white it must mean the other.

The reality is the world is a million different shades of grey.

It was possible that Ken Edwards could

Read more…
87 Replies
Views: 24

One side: Eels vs Manly

Taking a bit of inspiration's from Rider's comparison blog, but spinning it slightly differently, if you had to pick a single side from 1 to 17 using playing from both Manly and Parra what would you side be. This could be fun to do each week, actuall

Read more…
17 Replies
Views: 44

Interpersonal ban list

I'm totally fed up with the same members just trolling each other's comments. As such, I'm having to start again placing interpersonal bans on certain members who can't seem to behave civilly - footy is back and there's plenty to talk about now, so n

Read more…
105 Replies · Reply by 1Eyed Eel Mar 7, 2017
Views: 26

Do we have a size problem?

There have been a lot of nice things written about the Eels pack, and they do look a very aggressive, mobile and skillful set of forwards.

However, given that our starting pack is likely to be Mannah and Matagi, Mau, Meoroa, Scott and De Gois, that's

Read more…
56 Replies
Views: 20

Team Analysis: Eels vs Panthers

After months of pre-season speculation, the Penrith trial probably gives Eels fans a pretty clear view of who is going to line up in Round One and which players are where on the pecking order.

At this stage, there are no surprises. Bevan French at th

Read more…
32 Replies
Views: 35

Orf season is orf

Well guys, as we tick across to February and we have our first official outing every day, this is a post to say that "orf season" is officially over. As most of you would know, we relax the rules somewhat during the off-season, because the site is mo

Read more…
66 Replies
Views: 43

Players I hope catch a break

I always feel terribly bad for talented players, who just seem to have endless injury runs and subsequently never manage to fulfill their potential.

So I'd really love to see a couple of our boys who have been plagued by bad luck, get an uninterrupte

Read more…
22 Replies
Views: 40

Eels announce Nines squad

Parramatta Eels announce 2017 Auckland Nines squad

The Parramatta Eels have today announced their squad to compete in the 2017 Downer NRL Auckland Nines tournament at Eden Park.

Five-eighth Corey Norman has again been named to captain the side which

Read more…
112 Replies
Views: 38

1Eyed 2017 Message & Update

At various points throughout the year, I get messages from users who have been offended by a blog or post, and I have an answer I usually give people when they question the way the site is run.

The most common comment I get is "I thought this was a f

Read more…
158 Replies
Views: 27

Oztag

I've not had much to do with Oztag until recently. The whole concept of the tag seemed a little silly/juvenile, but my kid started playing recently, and I've been hugely surprised at how cool the game actually is.

Compared to touch, OzTag feels a lo

Read more…
33 Replies
Views: 229

UWS/Eels Mens Health Program

Just passing this on, in case anyone is interested...

The Parramatta Eels are joining forces with Western Sydney University to improve the health and wellbeing of men in Western Sydney. If you're a male Eels fan aged between 18 and 64 who is interes

Read more…
3 Replies

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Thanks Pops. You're right. Stats can be horribly misleading.
Like when we say we've had 49 blowout losses. 
It sounds like holy sheet our defence is crap (and it has been). But, actually we've also had almost as many big wins. 
So, the reality here…"
29 seconds ago
Poppa replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parra Should Swoop On McNamara If Bennett Heads To Souths
"Don't forget to remind us with a "told you so" when it happens PP..... your definitely a visionary!"
20 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Yes, well said TAD. Generally speaking, the opposite applies for coaches, IMO. They should get better with age.
Who cares Bennett is mid-70s. He's our best option IMO, and I'm a Jauncey fan like you. Their records speak for themselves, even if…"
22 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Trouble is Hugo you either didn't read it or understand it....it was pointed out that Dolphins actually have an older pack than we do...notwithstanding individuals within it. Most of your critique is for the sake of being critical, you never offer a…"
1 hour ago
More…