All Discussions (42508)

Sort by

Interpersonal ban list

I'm totally fed up with the same members just trolling each other's comments. As such, I'm having to start again placing interpersonal bans on certain members who can't seem to behave civilly - footy is back and there's plenty to talk about now, so n

Read more…
105 Replies · Reply by 1Eyed Eel Mar 7, 2017
Views: 26

Do we have a size problem?

There have been a lot of nice things written about the Eels pack, and they do look a very aggressive, mobile and skillful set of forwards.

However, given that our starting pack is likely to be Mannah and Matagi, Mau, Meoroa, Scott and De Gois, that's

Read more…
56 Replies
Views: 20

Team Analysis: Eels vs Panthers

After months of pre-season speculation, the Penrith trial probably gives Eels fans a pretty clear view of who is going to line up in Round One and which players are where on the pecking order.

At this stage, there are no surprises. Bevan French at th

Read more…
32 Replies
Views: 35

Orf season is orf

Well guys, as we tick across to February and we have our first official outing every day, this is a post to say that "orf season" is officially over. As most of you would know, we relax the rules somewhat during the off-season, because the site is mo

Read more…
66 Replies
Views: 43

Players I hope catch a break

I always feel terribly bad for talented players, who just seem to have endless injury runs and subsequently never manage to fulfill their potential.

So I'd really love to see a couple of our boys who have been plagued by bad luck, get an uninterrupte

Read more…
22 Replies
Views: 40

Eels announce Nines squad

Parramatta Eels announce 2017 Auckland Nines squad

The Parramatta Eels have today announced their squad to compete in the 2017 Downer NRL Auckland Nines tournament at Eden Park.

Five-eighth Corey Norman has again been named to captain the side which

Read more…
112 Replies
Views: 38

1Eyed 2017 Message & Update

At various points throughout the year, I get messages from users who have been offended by a blog or post, and I have an answer I usually give people when they question the way the site is run.

The most common comment I get is "I thought this was a f

Read more…
158 Replies
Views: 27

Oztag

I've not had much to do with Oztag until recently. The whole concept of the tag seemed a little silly/juvenile, but my kid started playing recently, and I've been hugely surprised at how cool the game actually is.

Compared to touch, OzTag feels a lo

Read more…
33 Replies
Views: 225

UWS/Eels Mens Health Program

Just passing this on, in case anyone is interested...

The Parramatta Eels are joining forces with Western Sydney University to improve the health and wellbeing of men in Western Sydney. If you're a male Eels fan aged between 18 and 64 who is interes

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 23

The great Halves shuffle?

We all saw last year, how a couple of late-season adjustments resulted in a bundle of dominos falling over and half a dozen centres switching clubs, even though a number of them were still contracted to the existing clubs. This year we have a similar

Read more…
44 Replies
Views: 30

More stuff to read

Will 5150 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Cmon Michael... you know nothing of my try scoring ability! I'm on about my 12th can tonight and I reckon I could still catch a footy, take 3 steps and put it down... that covers most of his tries. You don't think catching a ball, running a couple…"
27 seconds ago
Darren Munro replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Headset man is worse"
40 seconds ago
Hellmut replied to Hellmut's discussion Goal Kicking
"Yes I do. It's not that hard to do. You get a tee, you put the ball on it you kick it.

have you watched rugby? The dudes can kick it from past half way on the sideline. It's a totally trainable skill. The steps are all replicable. Gutho got no…"
2 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Done blaming refs and so on, like always we had plenty of opportunities to not let the refs involved in the game. We could of put the icing on the cake simply in defence the second half. "
3 minutes ago
More…