All Discussions (42556)

Sort by

Site update

Over the weekend, Mark Pigram left me a voicemail message regarding various complaints he was going to make about this site, and then he called back to let me know that a raft of former board members "who all have one thing in common, they hate your

Read more…
43 Replies
Views: 46

A blog about hookers

To my mind, the best two hookers in the competition are Cameron Smith and Jake Granville. You know, they both play for the two teams that made the grand final.

It continues to astound me how how under-rated attacking hookers are in Rugby League. Year

Read more…
45 Replies
Views: 29

Annual off-season warning

So without going into details, I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks personally and to be honest, the site has been the last thing on my mind, but having just gotten back to Sydney, I've had a few messages in my inbox, that I believe warrant my ann

Read more…
46 Replies
Views: 12

So I missed a lot...

When I figured out that some travel I had to undertake for work was going to mean I was going to miss the first two semi's plus the constitutional reform EGM, I was pretty damn annoyed. Like you all, I've waiting along time for finals - so I was pret

Read more…
26 Replies
Views: 63

Vave key to Eels run of form

I made a comment earlier in the year, that I thought the one thing that Brad Arthur had to achieve this year was to get Sioasia Vave up to starting prop standard. My one recurring doubt about this side, has just been that we lacked that little bit of

Read more…
30 Replies
Views: 29

Orf Seezun all year long

Today, I've launched a new website - Orf Seezun. (Shameless thieving of Col's terminology).

The site is going to serve two purposes.

First and foremost, it's an opportunity for me to test out the latest version of the platform that 1Eyed runs on. As

Read more…
32 Replies
Views: 34

Well done Eiso!

I just wanted to drop a passing blog, congratulating Matty Eisenhuth on getting picked to make his NRL debut for the Tigers.
Parra (and Wenty) junior who has never given up on making the NRL despite having to jump around a few clubs and battling inju

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 10

P.S Thank you

I've had a big project at work that has totally absorbed my life for the last three months or so, so I've pretty much just been working and very occasionally sleeping. So a big, big thank you to our mods who have kept the site ticking along. If you'v

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 9

Religion topics ban

I've seen enough over the weekend to see that religious topics aren't going to benefit this site in any way. I'm getting to the point that whenever there is an terror incident my first thoughts aren't for the victims, it's thinking about who is going

Read more…
76 Replies · Reply by 1Eyed Eel Jun 5, 2017
Views: 40

Settle down on the GIFS/Images

Some of you have a particular fondness for posting GIFS/images into the comment stream, which I don't generally mind. However, some of you have been going well overboard on this of late. It particularly annoys me when someone posts a serious footy bl

Read more…
40 Replies
Views: 279

Analysis: Running on empty

Earlier this year, I asked the question: “Does Parramatta have enough size”. Most people were adamant that we had enough power in our forwards through blokes like Matagi and Brown, and that we would play a mobile game that would make up for giving aw

Read more…
109 Replies
Views: 33

Lower grade observations

I've sprinkled a few lower grade thoughts around the various blogs, after watching all three grades but thought I'd put together a blog on it.

Both were disappointing in the end. The NYC team were all over Saints for most of the game. We have some ve

Read more…
15 Replies
Views: 16

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels’s discussion was featured

2024 is fast free-falling into an annus horribilis maximus, going from bad to worse now that we will be without Gutherson who joins Moses on the sidelines. That's probably a fair scoop of $2m worth of salary cap.
Hence, it’s best we kick off with…
8 minutes ago
Hell On Eels posted a discussion

2024 is fast free-falling into an annus horribilis maximus, going from bad to worse now that we will be without Gutherson who joins Moses on the sidelines. That's probably a fair scoop of $2m worth of salary cap.
Hence, it’s best we kick off with…
8 minutes ago
EA replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Tried out for the waratahs."
19 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"And was the speedster they were pitching their wagon to. What happened to komalafe?"
29 minutes ago
More…