All Discussions (42549)

Sort by

Johnathan Thurston

Now personally I hate the man Thurston, but the player Thurston is the best halfback in the game and I think Parramatta really needs him. The more I watch the Eels play and the more I watch the Cowboys play I see what Thurston can bring to our team o

Read more…
46 Replies · Reply by Darkie Eel Mar 29, 2010
Views: 12

We don't believe in ourselves

I reckon the reason we start so crap is because the team mentality is soft. Melbourne have been able to get up for the season four years in a row from the start, the image of consistency, Manly, as much as I hate to say it, too, could do that for a c

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Bear Mar 28, 2010
Views: 11

Our forwards' stats

You can make of stats what you will but here's a brief look at what our forwards did last night and a fair old indication of why we lost.

The average metres run and tackles made is over the 3 games this season except for Oake who has only played two.

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Barra Eel Mar 27, 2010
Views: 14

Who to go with?

Seems many want players dropped etc... So question is who?

Well looking at the Wenty team forwards, this is who we have...

8. Pele Peletelese

9. Anthony Mitchell

10. Mitchell Allgood

11. Justin Horo

12. Taniela Lasalo

13. Tim Robinson

So who would you brin

Read more…
10 Replies · Reply by Michael Gunn Mar 29, 2010

ABOUT OUR BACKLINE...

... look I'm no league tactical genius but does our backline simply stand too flat and not deep enough? Take last night, no one was running onto the ball and because we didn't stand deep enough the Tigers' defence was straight up on us. The West Tige

Read more…
9 Replies · Reply by Johnny Suede Mar 27, 2010
Views: 15

Next Weeks Team VS Sharks

I dont think we need wholesale changes, but we need a few because we are starting to become extremely pedestrian in attack with the exception of Hayne and sometimes Mateo

Going into the Sharks game we need to bite the bullet and make a couple of subt

Read more…
17 Replies · Reply by Pugger Mar 27, 2010
Views: 10

My View after 3 rounds

My View After 3 rounds is probably a little obvious but wanted to get peoples thoughts on it.

Kris Keating is not a first grade footballer, sure he trys but hes not good enough. I think he has played 18 games in first grade and we have only won 3.. C

Read more…
0 Replies · Reply by Bucko Mar 27, 2010

Do People Watch the Game?

I am going to begin this blog by saying, probably not.

I am often labelled on this forum as overly defending our players, but from some of the replies I have been reading this morning, it seems as though many on this forum have pre-determined ideas ab

Read more…
11 Replies
Views: 2

Mateo is being misused

I think the attempt to try and convert Mateo to a no frills lock forward is proving an abject failure.

He needs to given greater responsibility for our attack and get his hands on the ball more often and earlier.

Personally I would love to see him at 5

Read more…
14 Replies · Reply by SteelEel Mar 28, 2010
Views: 27

More stuff to read

Jimmy Wong replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"Jordan Rapana
Knee
Round 11

Corey Horsburgh
Groin
Round 11

Jamal Fogarty
Biceps
Round 20

Zac Hosking
Shoulder
Indefinite 

Corey Harawira-Naera

That's a far worse Injury toll than BA has had. Against the Dolphins we only had one player…"
14 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"You forgot sustainability.  Every great waffle manages to add their sustainability implementation goals and qualifications . 
Oh and collaboration is a must."
25 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"How , they don't even have Dylan " the future " Brown ?  Are we sure it really happened ? Couldn't have happened , you're telling lies . "
31 minutes ago
Jimmy Wong replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"The only eels supporter who still backs Arthur is that dribbler sixties guy who can do a hour podcast after a flogging,  and excuse Brad claiming his midweek training sessions were run with military gps precision.  The guy has to visit a bonds store…"
31 minutes ago
More…