Putting this up here as both retiring directors mention aspects of the club that have been front and centre lately, namely our Centre of Excellence, the Junior League and our Pathways programs.

Official statement: https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2024/05/02/board-update-may-2024/

The Parramatta Eels announced today that Col Robertshaw and Mark Jenkins are retiring from the Parramatta Eels Board.

Col Robertshaw joined the Parramatta Eels Board of Directors in February 2017 and Mark Jenkins joined the Board as the nominated director from Parramatta Leagues Club in 2020. 

Parramatta Eels Chairman, Sean McElduff, thanked both Col and Mark for their significant contribution to the Eels.

“Col and Mark are highly accomplished business leaders who brought a range of skills and experience to our organisation. On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank them for their tremendous contribution to the Eels and we wish them all the best in the future,” said Sean.

During his tenure on the Eels Board, Col was a major driver of the Club’s Centre of Excellence project and provided invaluable input that will help deliver a lasting legacy for the Club. Mark Jenkins was instrumental in providing a strong connection between our Leagues Club and the Football Club while also playing a major role in the review of our Junior League undertaken in 2021.

Col Robertshaw said, “It has been an honour to serve on the Parramatta Eels Board and I’m proud to have played a role in helping bring to life a generational project with the Centre of Excellence. I’d like to personally thank the Board, all the staff, players, coaches and our loyal Members for what has been a great relationship and I wish them well both on and off the field for the future.”

Mark Jenkins said, "I’ve really enjoyed my time on the Board and I’m pleased that we’ve been able to progress some of the key initiatives such as our reform of Junior League and increased investment in Elite Pathways. I’d like to thank my fellow Directors and wish everyone involved with the Club enormous success.”

Two new Directors have been elected through the nomination committee, and the Club is pleased to announce that John Forrest, and PLC nominated Director Sue Coleman will be joining the Eels Board in 2024.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh crap... cross functional teams! Holy shit, I've had that rammed down my throat by my CEO for a while now. In fact that whole list you've got sounds like you've sat in all the exec meetings where I work. I'm the old school black sheep... the one who fights with the CEO the most due to calling out the crap and suggesting we just get on and DO rather than just circle jerk around the buzzword bingo board in a pathetic attempt to make it appear like were doing lots, all the while actually achieving SFA.

• Vertical integration and synergy!

• You forgot sustainability.  Every great waffle manages to add their sustainability implementation goals and qualifications . 

Oh and collaboration is a must.

• Well doesn't  Sue look the bright type. Has worked in the library,  that'll  resurrect  the Eels. Along with Arthur digging us out of the hole this club's all systems go.  

• Every one has missed the point.....every modern board has to have a female on it.....this is classical tokenism. 

It really is that simple, if we can get Snake back on this site, he might have a chance selling himself as the token Trans. LOL..... far be it for me to say what other minorities make up our board. Personally I am very much in favour of one legged people. I remember this fellow with one leg came to me one day and asked for a job..... he said I can do anything a two legged person can do......I said no you can't, because you can't kick field goals with both feet. He laughed and yes I gave him a job washing windows! Unfortunately he disappeared one day and I finally heard from him, he wrote me from whatever prison he was in and apologised for letting me down..... he was a good bloke, just had trouble picking up things that weren't his.

• Damn... well that bio is just sensational.

Sensational if the Parramatta Eels were in fact a not-for-profit lefty refugee loving gender studies supporting preferred pronoun enabling club of dripping woke.

Unfortunately... we're a footy club. Or used to be at least. FMD...

• Yup,  nek minnit players are all being refered to as ' they ".   

" So let's cross over to Mick Ennis on Fox . So Mick what did you think of Mitch Moses tonight ? , yes Braith they played a great game tonight , they kicked well and they had 2 try assists , overall when it comes to Mitch I thought they did their job well ". 

• We've finally gone super Woke and hired our first trans woman. 

• Probably part of the deal they made with the council about clinics etc 

• You gotta ask why the fuck would Sue be interested in joining a rugby league board and probably doesn't even watch it.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eelvangelist replied to Simon Priestly's discussion ZERO TACKLE OFF CONTRACT LIST
"Have faith son.  Dr Doom would be envious of you.  Be at peace my boy."
2 minutes ago
Eli Stephens replied to Simon Priestly's discussion ZERO TACKLE OFF CONTRACT LIST
"I remember we tried to sign Wilson from the dogs last year but he knocked us back to stay in reserve grade at the dogs 🤣. Silly lad "
25 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"I'm having a beer with a good friend of mine in a couple of weeks who is the attack/back coach for the NZ U/20s union side.He just spent a few days with Wayne Bennett at the Dolphins setup this week just gone.
I asked him a few questions about what…"
37 minutes ago
HKF replied to Simon Priestly's discussion ZERO TACKLE OFF CONTRACT LIST
"We need speed on the edges, wingers and edge forwards are our immediate needs and maybe hooker depending on how MA goes when given the chance which will be soon I suspect. "
44 minutes ago
More…