All Discussions (42545)

Sort by

Wenty Teamsheet: Strongest ever?

Could this be the strongest Wentworthville side ever to pull on the Magpies jersey? Feleti Mateo joins Kris Keating, Weller Huaraki, Etu Eaisele, Jonothan Wright, Junior Paulo, Brendan Oake as Wenty's contingent of players who have played NRL. Wenty

Read more…
8 Replies
Views: 60

Keating and the bench

As someone who has consistently said that I think our performances will get even better if Kris Keating was to replace Jeff Robson, I think Robson this weekend really lifted his game to another level. Clearly the side is playing very cohesively at th

Read more…
22 Replies
Views: 12

McKinnon back for Warriors

Wade McKinnon, who was stood down last week, returns to the custodian position to face his old club. Meanwhile, forwards Evarn Tuimavave and Ukuma Ta’ai have been called into the starting line-up. 1 WADE McKINNON 2 KEVIN LOCKE 3 JEROME ROPATI 4 JOEL

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 26

Pick the side and win!

Ok, here is an officially sanctioned teamsheet discussion. There are a number of options for Daniel Anderson for this week and a number of variables (ie will cayless be named, etc) So who will be this afternoon's side? Pick the side and you win my ad

Read more…
21 Replies
Views: 47

Parra fears nobody

Parramatta fears no other team in the competition, Daniel Anderson said at the post-match press conference. "Every week is a test. We've been in a knockout phase for five or six weeks, so nothing is going to surprise us,'' Anderson said. "We'll go in

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 27

NYC Teamsheet: Talent returns

Parramatta's NYC side will field their strongest team for many weeks with Anthony Mitchell dropping back to the juniors due to Wentworthville having a bye. Taniela Lasalo and Mitchell Allgood have both served out suspensions and are also back in the

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 19

Why Feleti Mateo will play

While coach Daniel Anderson is insisting he will use the 17 players named, I feel very confident that Feleti Mateo will play. I have been tapping my sources on the shoulders throughout the week, and I'm not sure if Daniel Anderson even yet knows who

Read more…
14 Replies
Views: 12

Match Preview: Eels vs Warriors

I started writing this match preview by declaring that I couldn't see anyway Parramatta could lose this one. The Warriors are out of form, missing their captain and most important player and playing away from home. They can't make the finals and have

Read more…
23 Replies
Views: 4

Morale is sky-high, says Burt

Luke Burt said that the Eels are playing as a team again and enjoying their football. Speaking at the post-match press conference, Burt said: ''Obviously Haynesy is the stand-out, but we're all contributing quite a lot." ''We're playing as a team. Th

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 26

Top Eight

Every year around this time, people come out and start bleating out the top eight and how it lets teams who shouldn't be in the finals earn a crack at the title. Right about now, the commonly used example is Parramatta. We shouldn't be in contention,

Read more…
17 Replies
Views: 20

More stuff to read

Richard B'Stard replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"BA Clause or not, the players would be thrilled if Bennett was hired."
1 minute ago
Seth hardy replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Well doesn't  Sue look the bright type. Has worked in the library,  that'll  resurrect  the Eels. Along with Arthur digging us out of the hole this club's all systems go.  "
1 minute ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Roosters have 4mill to spend next year, Dogs are looking for a halfback......"
1 minute ago
Wild_Eels replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"It is not that simple. Even there is a clause and BA is sacked. Where they gonna go? First BA has to go to another club and then if that club has space under their salary or not. A lot of ifs buts. "
4 minutes ago
More…