12130600075?profile=RESIZE_710x

There is blood in the water and a rancid smell in the air.

The NRL's draw committee and integrity unit have been hammering our team since our grand final appearence last year.

The latest imposition to the Eels, is they are the only club to not get a bye round prior to an Origin game.

It reeks of inconsistency and is downright unfair, especially when we have up to 4 players this week on origin duties.

The same week the integrity unit gave Dylan Brown a seven-game suspension for touching a woman, twice.

In comparison, they gave NZ Warriors' second rower Josh Curran for a two-game suspension for a night club incident in October last year where he:  assaulted a 16 year old teenager, knocked out a number of his teeth, and also stole his mobile phone.

He was originally charged with Assault Occassioning actual Bodily harm (a maximum "5 year jail" term) and Larceny (a maximum "5 year jail" term) and Reckless Grivious Bodily Harm (a maximum "10 year jail" term).

Despite that, unlike Dylan Brown, No NRL no fault standown sanction was imposed on Curran.

Curran played in every NRL match this year.  It returned to court this week with  Curran pleading guilty in Port Macquarie local court to Assault Occassioning Actual Bodily Harm with the other two charges withdrawn under negotiation for a guilty plea.

Curran won't play against the Eels this week but will be available for their next game.

It's difficult to see consistency in any of the above noted.

One would imagine in a country where everyone is supposed to be treated equal, that the assault on a 16 year old boy, removing his teeth and taking his mobile phone worth a 2 game suspension would be treated similar to the offence of touching someone, "  a 7 game suspension " .

It sure reeks of inconsistency, and is a hard pill to swallow for Eels fans.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We have a bye in round 27 on week before the finals. I think that's massive 

• He broke a team pact to stay low, he groped an innocent girl , and he carried on like a flop. He took a lot of money to be a professional acting senior player and it's not his first similar type of offence . 

This is as much about teaching the dope a lesson in life as it is making an example of him. Has the NRL ever been consistent  ? No , in this case has Brown been treated unfairly ? No. 

Im hearing ya Bluey , we seem to cop the raw end of the deal with the NRL , but this time I'm ok with it . If brown got off lightly , the next time he could've ended up like Hayne. He needed a wake up call to fix that ego.

• This reply was deleted.
      • The Brett Kenny thing was a beat up. Parra poached a young 16 year old from Auckland and brought him to Parra. Dylan had never followed the Eels prior to that. Why would he know who the old bloke sitting next to him was?
        I visited Mick Cronin's pub recently with some mates who are all die-hard Parra fans. We saw Mick out front and had a chat with him on the way in. When we sat down for a beer, my mate says, "I wonder if we'll see Mick Cronin today"

• Every player that pulls on the Eels jersey should understand and appreciate the rich history of our club. It's about building a positive culture and creating an environment that players want to be a part of. 

• What is this rich history you speak of ? 

• Fong,  I'm hearing real estate agents around the eastern suburbs are taking the player's association's initiative,  and are planning industrial action over piss poor wages and broken promises involving being forced to drive shitbox Datsun 200b's to and from auctions, & other piss poor standards like being forced to eat devon sandwiches at lunch 

• "You build a culture and environment to suit today's athletes"...

Hahahaha - the 'ME' generation.

• I think it's greatly beneficial to know the history of the club your getting paid to play for otherwise it's obvious that your really just there for the $$$💰🤑 and not much else. Nothing wrong with knowing history.

• Exactly I feel it should be compulsory for any new players to go through an education or an induction when they arrive to play at the club. 

It's no different to any job - first few days if not a week you are introduced to the companies culture, motto, company employees mainly current but sometimes past history etc. I think that if Parra don't have this setup then perhaps it's something they should introduce - it will definitely instill some sort of connection for players both past and present, that helps players buy into what the Eels are about and instill some sort of club identity and pride in the jersey.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Alfred Mateo replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"Saints cashed up and Ben Hunt not getting any younger. Wonder if they would contemplate a mid-season swap for Lomax? Bunt likely to miss games over origin period. Talagi will definitely be good longer term but if Saints make a great offer it will be…"
3 minutes ago
Poupou Escobar replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"It's our fault the players want to start in first grade somewhere else rather than stay and be backups?"
19 minutes ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Good post HOE. I would be interested to see how someone like Jauncey would have a coach address our out wide poor wing defence which has been with us for years. I am sure they would be able to work some way to work that out ."
20 minutes ago
Poupou Escobar replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"The Panthers also lost Isaiya Katoa before he played a single NRL game."
20 minutes ago
More…