Replies

• Thats my complete argument, you have to be a club where the player feels they are getting the best coaching and development they can in the short term.  There are coaches and clubs with that power and examples of it everywhere. 

If the player thinks they can get more development they leave. If they feel they can get  equal development with more money they leave.  No player at 18 is going to say someone offered me 100k more for 2 years I better leave at first opportunity. Theres uncertainty about changing your development course and about what it will do for a career.  BA and this club doesnt have the swaying power , success or development resumes to chose that above another opportunity. BA is where inconsistent forwards go to have simplified roles. 

• It's our fault the players want to start in first grade somewhere else rather than stay and be backups?

• You answered your own question - well done Pou.

• What you're saying makes sense to me Pimpin. The influence of a coach is massive in keeping who you want to keep.

• Don't be obtuse Frank, Penrith were pissed when they lost Katoa, and Hopgood was a bit like Sander's, he had road blocks in front of him and thus he left. They also have lost Turuva to Tigers. That's not a criticsm of Penrith, their systems are as good and better than anyone's....frankly (no pun) its where we should be as well.

What concerns me is that we go through this year and end bottom 4, which is highly likely, will be able to retain who we have i.e. Hopgood, Dyllan Brown.....even Moses, Lomac and Gutherson would be having second thoughts. People may think Gutherson is not worth keeping, but he is the heart and soul of the club.

If we keep going the way we are we will be building a side around Matt Arthur and he hasnt turned 20 yet!

NB To attract players to us, regardless what you think, we need a high profile coach.  (I never thought he would want to come to us) .  I cannot think of any other coach excluding the Melb connection that would bring players to the club. I would even ask Wayne to include in his mandate a job to find a head off football from day one. 

That choice would tie his interest in our club past his coaching career.

• Who invited you into this conversation Pops?

Stick to talking about what you know - nothing!!

• stefano left due to his brother ,sanders got 500k and an opportunity at 1st grade ,blaize is negotionating something better than minimum wage and has a pathway at fullback or center depending on where lomax plays

• Sanders didn't get 500k no chance. Another ba sympathiser

• It'd be more like  250k with incentives. Tops l if I was guessing 

• Sanders signed for $350k, plus clauses for years 2 and 3 depending on how many 1st grade games he plays. Another dumb reply by you Chief, it has nothing to do with BA or any coach for that matter, it's a minimum of $200k a year more than he will get here.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bob Smith replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"It's the same when the opposition is down to 12 men. The eels have no idea how to exploit a man short. "
1 hour ago
Adam Mogg replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"That's called accepting mediocrity "
1 hour ago
Bob Smith replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"The edge defence has been a problem for years and BA has no idea how to fix it. I can't think of anyone who would still be employed after failing for 11 years."
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize the only positive
"No im not , im saying he gives a wish list . For instance he'll identify he wants a lock . He'll say I want players x or  y ,or z or Hopgood . X or Y may be representive locks off contract , The R&are team will then go to work making someone happen.…"
1 hour ago
More…