Hopgood refuses extension

EEL’S CONTRACT CONFUSION

Queensland Origin hopeful J’maine Hopgood is baulking at signing an Eels extension in the wake of coach Brad Arthur’s sacking.

Sport Confidential understands Parramatta have tabled a two-year upgrade to keep Hopgood at the club until the end of 2027.

Hopgood is off-contract at the end of next season and the Eels are moving swiftly to prevent the 25-year-old heading to free agency from November 1 in the wake of his impressive form over the past two years.

But the Hervey Bay product wants clarity over Parramatta’s coaching position before he commits to a new deal.

Like many Eels players, Hopgood had great respect for Arthur, who has shown great class since his sacking, lauding the support of the Parramatta squad.

While he is a Queenslander, Hopgood is content at the Eels, but wants to know Parramatta’s plans for their next coach before he rushes into signing a new deal.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Timothy dear you need a glass of warm milk to settle you down  , if you are upset of not having a BA as coach I suggest you join TCT and join the Brad Arthur fan club .

• Fluff piece!!

• Hopgood should be a priority signing. He is someone you can build a club around.

• He'd be my captain next year. With BA gone there's no "favourites" to keep happy. Obviously he'll have to build relationships with the players, but think that Hopgood is a calmer player than Gutho and Moses and should hopefully keep the emotions of the team more stable 

• I think its fair you'd want to know who the coach is and where he stands in a new system.

Interestingly seibold and manly haven't agreed on a extension BA may end up there and the players off contract then will be ripe for the picking

• I hope they all end up at Manly with BA. Stupid decision pushed by stupid supporters that are here. See how we go over the next couple of years you drop kicks. His fault for injuries & drop balls fm. 

• Haha 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 

• 😂😂😂😂

Tims hero got the arse and he can't handle it now 

11th year and the guys still thinking BA would deliver...

• Hahaha...as if the club listens to supporters here.

BA was sacked because we had won nothing during his 11 year reign except a spoon and it certainly didn't look like we would win anything else, anytime soon except maybe another spoon.

Also we had won like 5 games from our last 17 outings and had many very bad losses.

• I scared them with my shit in a box threat 🤔I'll take some responsibility 😆

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Poppa's discussion Pop's Corner: Some basic thoughts on last nights game
"Mark Oneil was always a rookie , my judgment was on a) having met the guy more than once whilst in his executive role ( which mind you he was a huge underperformer  , and b) he has zero experience other than the gig he was sacked from , in the role…"
1 minute ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Brown to Warriors Rumour No2
"I'd love to ask him.
What experts outside 1EE, can you quote who & what they have said? 
Cooper Cronk 'Dylan Brown was brilliant tonight' - mentioned after last nights game. 
Where do you see him inconsistent specifically? Which 5/8th are more…"
22 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Pop's Corner: Some basic thoughts on last nights game
"Wiz it is simple really and the perfect example of you don't understand that you dont understand.
People are not that much different but when it comes to critic's, unless you a professional one then you have to aknowledge you are obsessed with…"
25 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Are Todd Payten and The bush coach trading places?
"I'd kill for us to have that lineup. I think swapping coaches would work out much better for them than us. Not because I think Arthur's a messiah , just because I reckon he has more to offer that team than Old mate does, but I think Payton would…"
26 minutes ago
More…