Replies

• See the genuine and legal third party deal under the cap.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=322393167438294&i...

NRLol
    New car day for new Roosters recruit Dom Young. And look, it even has a nice bow 🎀 #NRLol - Credit: Adz Sportz
    • Fifita 4yr deal plus new car at the Roosters, funny thing is Penrith has come out and said they also would have offered 4yrs if they were given the opportunity. Hmmmmm

• IMO, even if the Panthers matched the Roosters' legal NRL offer or bettered it, I don't see a different ending. It's everything outside that (and pure footy related) Fifita likes more. E.g. lifestyle & opportunities Politis & his billionaire board can offer, maybe stuff to do with the future family/girlfriend etc ? Who knows what else ...

• https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bombshell-david-fifita-signing-is...  

Bombshell David Fifita signing is final straw for cooked NRL
    COMMENT
  • The question I would like answered by our club is the analysis of the players chased with the reason they did not sign. 

• You would need to know first who we chased vs who's Manager approached Parra first. There's not too many players where the club actually openly states they are chasing their signature, so you can't read too much into what the media say. For Lomax, it was clear that the club were chasing him, and there was little doubt we would land his signature. 

We also need to consider if it really is a Parra team if we buy in most of the players like Easts do. I suspect that's one of the reasons why they dropped the "Eastern Suburbs" name. We did that in 1996, but that was a very unique set of circumstances and one that was not likely to be repeated.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Joel H replied to Stretchman's discussion IS BENNETT DEAL WITH SOUTHS A DONE DEAL?? ASK YOURSELF THESE Q's...
"Unfortunately I think you are right. "
1 hour ago
Collaroy Eel replied to Stretchman's discussion IS BENNETT DEAL WITH SOUTHS A DONE DEAL?? ASK YOURSELF THESE Q's...
"The board are out to save their own arses. They know fans are pissed off BA hasn't been dismissed long ago and we would all be out for blood had they showed they didn't try and get arguably the best coach of the modern era to our club.  agreed…"
1 hour ago
LB replied to Stretchman's discussion IS BENNETT DEAL WITH SOUTHS A DONE DEAL?? ASK YOURSELF THESE Q's...
"As Lloyd Christma would say "So you're telling me there is a chance?""
1 hour ago
Mapik replied to Stretchman's discussion IS BENNETT DEAL WITH SOUTHS A DONE DEAL?? ASK YOURSELF THESE Q's...
"I've got it on pretty good authority it's a done deal. We need to start thinking about who else can fill the role. "
1 hour ago
More…