RUSSELL EXTENDED 2025

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce the re-signing of Eels junior Sean Russell until the end of the 2025 NRL season.

Head of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Sean has come through the Club’s junior pathways system and earned his spot in the NRL well and truly.

“The Eels are committed to developing players and we look forward to seeing many more juniors work their way through to the NRL.

11038385873?profile=RESIZE_710x

We’re incredibly proud of Sean, not just for his hard work and dedication, but also hiswonderful character off the field,” O’Neill said.

Russell has shown great resilience since debuting in the NRL in 2021, after suffering fractured ribs and a punctured lung last year, as well as a shoulder injury before returning to top grade this season.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Spot on.

• Good work in progress player.

Is pretty quick but has a lot of work to do defensively. 

• Is there any player in the club you like 

• What part of he is a good player says that I don't like him twat.

• Congratulations! Seems like a good person.

• I really like Russell I think he has heaps of potential, big fast and strong 

• Well done!

He's shown signs of improvement with every outing this year. Hopefully he can go to the next step and cement a spot long term.

• Great news!!

• I recon he should put on a bit more weight to his frame. I don't think he will ever be in our first choice 13 from next year. However, he would provide great outside back utlity to even have on the bench, covering centre, wing and fullback. Even if an injury to the halves he could probably play a running five-eight.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Snottie Pimpin replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"Completely different.
Katoa left SG Ball to play 1st grade at the Dolphins in their initial match.
Young Cleary is miles off first grade if he ever gets there at all. Ivan has said in the past he is glad he wasn't in charge of bringing Nathan…"
23 seconds ago
BEM replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"Haven't seen anything from him to suggest he will be anything but a middle of the road player.
Whether that's on him or our coaches I don't know.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out."
1 minute ago
Michael Ericson replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"He's got potential but we just forked out 650k per year for a player who will be playing fullback for the next 4 seasons. I wouldn't be busting the bank here. "
3 minutes ago
Frankie Fong replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"The best thing for Blaize's career  and development is to get as far away from Brad Arthur and Parramatta as possible ."
5 minutes ago
More…