left edge letting us down

Our left edge is letting us down big time. Sivo and Russell don't give us any go forward and Lane making stupid errors again.

Surely Lane has to be dropped next week.

As everyone has said multiple times, we desperately need some speed on that edge. Surely we have some young, fast hungry players in the lower grades we can debut? 

On a bright note I'm liking the look of right edge (unexpected after last week) and Talagi is doing better than expected out the back, despite some issues under the high ball.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Simmonson was excellent. If he could just learn not to botch those key moments - which he continuously seems to fuck up - he'd be our best wing/centre . 

• This. 

• I believe simmonson best position is centre, he doesn't have the finishing skills of the modern winger. Russell also looked half decent at centre tonight,  we need a couple of wingers with speed to burn, the days of the big powerful winger are gone.

• Russell's a decent back up centre. Simmonson I don't think will get a look in at Centre next year with lomax coming apart from injury because either lomax or Gutho will play Centre. If I'm simmonson I'm working on my finishing all off season and nailing the wing position. He's our fastest player by far - he was taking metres off Reece Walsh tonight. 

• Yep... agree... Simmo seems to take just a bit to get up to speed but once he does, he motors... he was catching Girly Eyes at pace... It was a great chase effort.

I'd keep the speed and zip of Blaize at FB next year, Penis and Lomax centres, Simmo one wing then make the hard call on Guth plus ditch Lame, Russell, Sivo etc and get a decent winger.

All that said, I'm ignoring contracts and due off years etc... this is more clean slate thinking...

• C'mon Michael... don't make me talk about my try scoring ability again in a Sivo debate!

I'm with HKF... he was junk tonight. I watched him closely and he made only 1 carry back with any oomph... and then he was stopped dead by either Mam or their rookie half. 

Earlier, ball out wide... try scoring opportunity (maybe) and he caught the ball and planted almost stationary when he should have been flat out. First 20 mins... maybe 2 carries. Post contact metres... haven't checked stats but I'd guess bugger all. 25 mins to go and there was his brilliant attempt at catching a ball - dropped cold, looked completely unco even trying to catch it and led to the try for Cobbo off Walsh's kick 1 min later.

Other hitups we're just lame... jog up, hit the defender, stop dead or be pushed back. Twice he was stopped dead at [Sivo] speed by their halves! Flying out of the line for one defensive hit and got thin air. Just saw a replay in Kevin's presser for one of Mariner's tries (the one just before half time)... zero attempt to even chase, just nothing, gave up 0.1 seconds after Mariner caught the ball... there is just no effort from him. Lazy as all hell.

I'll never argue his try scoring stats, they can't be argued... but alone they are so misleading and absolutely mask how lazy and ordinary he is at just about everything else.

Shaun Lame being awful... we can 100% agree on that!!!

• Sivo hahahahahahaha yep he helped out heaps. Really got stuck in - made a game high of 2 tackles and missed the other 2 tackles.

He only made 25 post contact metres, for a giant of man thats terrible. Every other back nearly doubled that.

Fantasy points dont mean much but its another indication of his value to the team, he had the lowest of all starters with only 29points. 

Im not sure how your measuring his contribution, but it was close to terrible.

• Well to me on the eye test he didn't have an awful game. I didn't think many did. 

• Lol Dylan played on the right so all attack goes that way... Broncos don't want to go near sivo so all their attack goes the other way and Ezra is on that side no their 3rd string half back... Sivo was good and most of his hit ups he runs it at the props usually was Payne Haas tackling him 

• Come on HKF we all know lane takes ages to get better, we just can't afford it this time, send him to reggies till hes on song.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Grunta the great replied to Frankie Fong's discussion BEFORE WE ALL BLOW A GASKET IN HAPPINESS KEEP THIS IN MIND
"He's never coached a game!!!
Fark Ryles"
44 minutes ago
Grunta the great replied to EA's discussion Eels confirm bennet won’t be coming to the club
"I meant that calibre of coach, Mutts."
59 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Frankie Fong's discussion BEFORE WE ALL BLOW A GASKET IN HAPPINESS KEEP THIS IN MIND
"Frankie, 
Do you think they'll be any major changes in the board (or MON atm) now they've cut the umbilical cord with Arthur officially? I'm doubtful.The pressure is temporarily relieved.
The timeline is interesting. Plenty of smoke & mirror poker…"
1 hour ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to Frankie Fong's discussion BEFORE WE ALL BLOW A GASKET IN HAPPINESS KEEP THIS IN MIND
"Steel, it is a close competition where we have reasonable draw coming up and another bye soon.  We are 2 games from 7th and 8th place but our for and against is the worst in the comp so may as well say 3 games.
It is doable on our best games…"
1 hour ago
More…