Ladder Predictor - Where will we finish for 2023?

I've been having a play around with the Ladder Predictor just to see how the season could play out now that we are getting a bit of a sense as to the form of teams in 2023.

https://ladderpredictor.nrl.com/ladder

A few things to note:

• The top teams play each other a lot (Panthers, Storm, Rabbits, Roosters) which means the top of the table will probably be fairly condensed with not much separating 1st and 6th again
  • Teams in 7 and 8 are probably going to be making up the numbers again. As the season wears on it's likely there will be a middle clump of teams from 7-12 on the ladder, it's pretty pot luck who ends up in position 7 and 8 and statistically speaking it doesn't matter as they'll be bundled out.
  • There are a few teams that have had an easy run so far who will fade (Dolphins, Warriors, Titans)
  • The bottom 2 are likely to be Tigers and Canberra (Knights are a chance too depending on what happens to their roster)

Parra are a very good chance of making Top 6 if we can fix our defensive issues and get our F/A ticking. We have a pretty good run for the rest of the season with Byes at great times, next to no one (apart from Jr) likely to be in the Origin frame, and a good run into the finals with a few tough games and a Bye.

Going from current form and not accounting for any season ending injuries I have:

Panthers, Roosters, Sharks, Eels, Storm and Rabbits in the top 6 with the Broncos and Warriors rounding out the Top 8. Tigers for the Wooden Spoon. And yes, obviously for this to happen the Eels need to keep/start winning the games we should win, starting with this coming weekend.

So let's have at it, now you can see the form trends and Origin selections are starting to become clear, churn through the Ladder Predictor and see how your 2023 Season ends.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 4th to 6th regular rounds culminating in a prelim appearance.

• If we were to lose RCG as well as Junior to SOO we could be in trouble with our games around that time.

• We will likely miss the 8 based on yesterday's performance.

• This is contender for most biased blog of all time.

• Great blog . I like it !!!

• I know right? What am I doing with those goggles on whilst on an Eels supporter site?

Eels for the Wooden Spoon. Sack BA the Bushcoach.
        Much better!

• yeah nah

• Last year we lost to a shitter west tigers team yet finished 4th and made a GF... I mean there's tough love and then there's just being a negative prick.. 

• Definitely got the blue and gold goggles on while doing your predictions.

• Nothing wrong with blue and gold eyes John.This site was named accordingly. Please change your avatar then if you don't also have them .

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Darren Munro replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"🤣🤣🤣"
1 hour ago
LB replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"The way they have used him has shown they have no clue what to do with him. They cannot offer him full-time FG earlier in the year, so to keep him happy they rearrange things or put him in a position he has not played in a while and he fails due to…"
1 hour ago
LB replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"Well in 2022, there were claims of nepotism happening within the pathways, not involving BA with Jake. Can still happen with his Rouse Hill boys. But remember he has little say in recruitment."
1 hour ago
Frank The Tank replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"😂😂"
2 hours ago
More…