Replies

• Haha Pat O'Hanlon 🤣

• Am i the only one that thinks, so far, from what we've seen, he's not that good??

• Nothing to read into IMO. I believe he wll resign long term. Why would he take a PO that was negotiated in SG ball or even HM.

• Exactly. He is on the cusp of being a regular NRL player, so would be looking for an upgraded deal. The club is no doubt working on this right now, and they have already indicated that they want to keep him.

Wow, it's no wonder the media keep provoking Eels supporters - we can be so gullible at times! Stop believing everything you hear in the media.

• For this to have made the media requires Talagi's agent to have fed the info (not only of the lapsed player option but of the decision to go to the open market.

It's easy for them to shut it down "Talagi is committed to the club, loves the Eels, and is looking forward to playing a big part in the NRL side which is why we're negotiating an upgraded contract."

But they didn't.

Again, I don't blame Talagi or his agent for this - the onus is on the Eels to shut this down and agree on a party line before it becomes media clickbait. We've become excellent at shutting down all of the articles about our business side, but still are terrible at shutting down articles on the football side of things.

Our Head of Football needs to do better. We can't be naive and blame the media for turning a flicker into a flame - that's their job. It's MON's job to not let the flicker exist in the first place.

• Cap could also be used to con Parra into a higher wage also. Bit like how Moses seemed interested in Dogs and Tigers when all along he wanted to stay at Parramatta, just tried to make them fret to up their price.

Same here, act like going out, testing the market. Eels boost it by say $100k-150k.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

josh jones replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion New eels team logo
"Not bad. Coincidentally it  looks a bit like Arthur."
45 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"It's the same when the opposition is down to 12 men. The eels have no idea how to exploit a man short. "
2 hours ago
Adam Mogg replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"That's called accepting mediocrity "
2 hours ago
Bob Smith replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"The edge defence has been a problem for years and BA has no idea how to fix it. I can't think of anyone who would still be employed after failing for 11 years."
2 hours ago
More…