BA Presser

Fcuk this guy.

Proud of the style of footy we played

The effort was there

The fact he sees a 16 point loss as a victory... how deluded can someone be?

Parra Leagues/Eels - where disappointment costs no more.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Game was there for us to win. Definitely a confidence thing.  Some glimpses of form in that game. Feel like if we can get a roll of 2 or 3 wins then we'll be a completely different team.

Lussick taking the 40/20 attempt at 14-18 really hurt us. 

Wasn't disgusted in that game. Still upset we couldn't get the win, but thought there was enough there to say we can still fight for an 8 spot.  But the top 8 is getting away from us 

• Anyone see the TCT player ratings? Felt it was more harsher than usual. People are saying so too.

• I always read tct but never take anything they say to work as you know this year I have been doing nsw cup blogs and speak about the game. I always like to read TCT nsw cup blogs too and it shows how much they sugar coat the players. In my blogs I will point out all the shit stuff our players do in the game but they seem to leave that part out. 

• In the ratings i felt they were harsh on a few players. Tuilagi mainly as i felt he was not too bad.

• Luck, bounce of the ball, injuries, suspensions, just all feels like enablers… Enabling & justifying decisions & performance on & off the field.

Elite clubs who value & respect sports psychology, professionalism, wouldn’t use these words behind closed doors, let alone to the media & addressing their fans.

One bombed try, maybe two, thats could be luck, five, six, seven, that isn’t luck, or the bounce of the ball. And defence never comes down to luck.

Bombed tries so often correlate with teams who are struggling for confidence, and are under pressure. The little moments just don’t seem to fall into place with so much riding on those opportunities. 

The Eels are down on confidence & under pressure due to their decisions & performances on & off the field, not injuries, not suspensions & definitely not ‘luck'.

BA just echoes our club. We want easy solutions for complex problems. Our head coach & captain / captains using enablers is going to (and clearly has been) filtering into the playing group, it’s inevitable. 

As a fan base we were impressed with improvements last night -  attitude, commitment, effort - but these really should be non-negotiables week to week at this level. These are the basics.

Truth is, it stands out to us because we never really know if or when we’ll see it, and for how long. History & irrefutable evidence suggests 3-4 weeks at best.

Don’t mean to be overly pessimistic because there were positives last night, our attack minus the polishing was really good & most importantly, different. 

But none of those positives truly shifted where we are & which direction we are heading as a club.

If anything, watching Blaze & Dylan together, made me think of what Bennett could do with those two & Moses, while bringing out that 10% extra consistently in players like Penisini, Sivo, Lane etc. a talent that Wayne has in spades.

Its not the result that is most concerning imo, we can handle losing as Eels fans, its the reactions, messages, justifying of those results which indicate a refusal to change or evolve that is.

Just opinion. Hope to be very wrong.
    • Comment of the month NOS 

SO many great points there about this pathetic " hot dollar psyche" which has seeped from this idiot coach into our playing group 

and yep I felt the same watching those two and what we could become under a great coach 

it's soul destroying the players don't want that too 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😞

• Definitely Carlo.

Wonder if the players could speak with complete anonymity, would they all still back BA? Early last season I’d say probably yes, this year, not so sure?

Watching what Wayne has done with a journeyman like Nikorima & a mature age rookie like Fuller has been really impressive.

He has a unique ability to get the best out of different styles of personalities & players, BA gets the best out of effort players like Gutho, RCG etc and to his credit he’s done that very well, but some players don’t fit into one dimensional game plans & structures.

What Wayne could do with our attack would be club defining, imo, while teaching a first grade team how to defend for the first time in 11 years.

It defies belief that a club in the Eels position would not have Benett wrapped up minutes after he became available & interested (if true).

• You're not wrong NOS. As usual, you've elequently summised exactly why so many Parra fans are not impressed with last night's performance. 

You're not being honest with yourself if you're taking positives out of this game while not taking into account the history of issues that have consistently stopped this club from being successful.

It's pathetic how low the standards are at Parramatta. We have no excuses, Parra have put themselves in this position. If we as fans continue to accept and justify poor performances, nothing will ever change.

• ACME, BEM, HKF, agreed.

We’ve watched, listened too & analysed consistent & unresolved core problems for far too long, with the justification & reasoning the only things that ever seem to evolve.

We are dishonest & unaccountable at every level, and we continue to ignore the neon signs that have lead us directly here.

Our response as a fan base isn’t emotional or personal, it’s the most basic level of common sense when faced with the statistical trajectory over our last 17 games, and historically consistent issues over a decade.

We needed to draw a line in the sand this season, no more excuses, the inaction from our leaders across the club is very concerning for where we will ultimately land.

• Maybe the reason for this NOS is that our club is trapped in an unreal box and not expansive enough to look what is happening in the whole science, philosophy and what is available in the big world of overall sports science. You can have good people in an organisation that may be good at day to day management but lacking with more creative people with a hunger to be at the cutting edge of new ways of problem solving. We are stale at the top and stale at the bottom.It won,t change unless you get a problem solving creative person at the top

bottom.it
          Bikini Top and Bottom
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

The Badger replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Hopgood refuses extension
"Hahaha...as if the club listens to supporters here.
BA was sacked because we had won nothing during his 11 year reign except a spoon and it certainly didn't look like we would win anything else, anytime soon except maybe another spoon.
Also we had…"
6 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 🗡 replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Hopgood refuses extension
"Haha 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 "
6 minutes ago
Bear posted a discussion
In light of recent developments, how might you wish. What sort of Eels team are you wishing for? Hard/ resilient, Expansive, consistent, unprodictable? We have been ALL this we done. same repeat?  pick a coach who presents something new, just saying
7 minutes ago
Flow Basket replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Billy Slater, Michael Maguire emerge as contenders for Parramatta Eels coaching job
"Keep the logo
Scrap everything else "
12 minutes ago
More…