BA Presser

Fcuk this guy.

Proud of the style of footy we played

The effort was there

The fact he sees a 16 point loss as a victory... how deluded can someone be?

Parra Leagues/Eels - where disappointment costs no more.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Please do not say the old cliche of the coach doesn't drop the ball etc. it instantly rules out any blame or in the other case praise on a coach in general. As if we won tonight you would say how well BA coached us. But lose and not his fault.

Im actually in agreeance that he actually got us up tonight. Do I feel we need a new voice? Yeah, but I have to admit it was telling how much it seemed they were playing for him.

But I just do not like it when people use the cliche of the coach doesn't miss the tackles etc. cause if that's the case what is the point of a coach? I have said it before and did a blog a few years ago about those comments. Cause as I said, saying that excludes coaches from blame in losses, but in the other way if you cannot blame them for losses how can you praise them in wins. If it is the players as to why we lost, well it must be them when we win.

Not saying a loss is 100% on a coach either, nor is 100% on players. I don't think the players deserve too much blame as if as you say Moses or Gutho is there we might win. BA this week did his job, players had the energy and commitment but one of those odd weeks where both just were quite good enough. But I feel if there is a win, both coach and players are responsible, same with a loss. Not always equally but there is responsibility.

But please do not take it as me having a go Coryn as I do actually like your posting. Though I disagree at times, you do know your stuff.

• I'll say this and say it again why not praise him he's a dead man walking if the powers above his pay grade make a decision until then I'm riding or dying with him.

Im actually positive what I saw tonight.Next weeks another week.I just don't hold the negative and I don't care for it regardless.The tides going to turn.

See for me if I were serious about a new coach I'd have fired BA after the GF 2 yrs ago.But because we don't have that sought of leadership I don't see a positive for any coach here under the current regime.

Remember LB it isn't Arthur's fault that they passed over Bennett.

• Coryn I feel you responded to something completely different to what I answered. Did I say anything about Bennett? Did I say anything about not praising him?

I actually said he got us up, it wasn't quite good enough but still felt the team overall showed the effort and we just weren't good enough simple as that, I'd rather lose not being good enough compared to not trying or just having a lack of focus for most of the game.

As for no coach having success, Bennett would as he would not tolerate what the board dish up, which is why he wasn't an option it seems in the first place. I agree to move on from BA like others, but on top of that the board need a shake up too. If BA gets us to top 8 this year then I am happy to go along with it and put my hand up and say I was wrong, not first time. I actually do not agree with those who say he should resign or give up for the club, as he is entitled to his contract and job, not his fault he was given a contract. Any of us where given a contract to coach this team majority would take it to be fair hahaha. Links in line with JA, not his fault he was named every week. But still am not in favour of some his tactics and staff choices of late.

I do stand by that I feel BA and Parra won't win a comp together. Either might win a title without one another, but together just won't happen. Probably better for him to build another team to relevancy. I can knock BA, but I really dislike the posts that he is a bad coach and the worst thing from this club. Far from it.

• I agree with ya bud,  Brad is a good coach but after 11 years his selections and decision making is cloudy.

Lane has been less then ordinary this year yet is still in the first 13.

Sivo was dropped for displine and form, he was ordinary in Reggies for 2 games yet back in FG.

Harper has been in and out all year, how's his confidence and effort.

I also agree with Coryn, Brad is not the sole problem at the Eels. There's no excuses for why Bennet is not headcoach of the Eels in 2025. For the board to say no thanks to Bennet tells me they are profit driven and comfy with no noise around.

They know Wayne would have changed how they run there systems, especially recruitment.

I think not chasing Bennet hard is the worst decision Parramatta has ever made and this board made it.

I have been a Eels fan for 59 years and I want another PREMIERSHIP. I don't care at what cost or who's feelings get hurt and this fucking BOARD should feel the same.

• Hugo credit where it is deserved. And that is what BA was giving the team at the Presser. Our forwards won the battle, and our attack was different but the thinking was there.

Now at training is where Brad and Barrett need to put the polished on, not at a press conference. 

Most on here were predicting 30/50 point flogging, didn't happen.

For mine the pressure is now really on BA and TB, to improve on what the team showed last night.

I was happy and excited about our effort and how we played and knowing Mitch will be back soon.

My only question is can Blaize T stay at that level and improve or was it wet conditions that helped him.

• Yeah not good enough. Treating a loss like some brave outing we all should be greatfull for. At the end of the day it was his experienced players that bombed a bunch of try's .  It was also his experienced players that handed a couple of try's to the Broncos.. 

I could almost accept it if it were rookies that bombed the try's . But it wasn't , so no champ , that wasn't acceptable nor some brave David vs Goliath type example.   In saying that there's a couple of positives from tonight we can use moving forward. 

• My sentiments exactly.

Sivo rushes in - Broncos score

Lane drops how many passes? Hands the ball over they score

Lane attempts to catch Sivos hail mary pass last in second half then at the last minute pulls out of it and Talagi knocks on. Just grab the ball turn around and score ffs

Im not mad at the young guys making errors. Its a lot to put on them like they are some sort of cure all for what ails the team, but when the experienced guys are making the same mistakes we've seen for years, its clear enough to other coaches where to exploit. Why cant our own see it?

DB is showing some maturity (I think) in that he isnt sitting quietly off to the side. Should be interesting to see if he keeps on the upward trajectory or if he retreats back into his shell once Moses is back

• In Lanes defence , and I know he's public enemy #1 at the moment, both of those passes were shocking and behind his head. Not too many players are catching those in tonight's conditions. 

• I may be wrong and it could have just been the angle on screen but the looks like the bounced off his chest

Dont get me wrong, im a Lane fan. Had a shite season last year with injury, but this year to me his heart just doesnt seem in it

• Nar they were high mate. Up above the shoulder , and the Brown one had some pace to it too. At half time I rewound it and watched it a couple of times cause it was about 30 seconds befure the halftime whistle . It was almost impossible for Lane to rope that one in. Him moving forward , wet conditions , the ball above his shoulder and behind his head , and an unexpected pass that shouldn't have been thrown.   I think Lanes been rubbish this season , hasn't been the same since his  injuries , but the two passes in question tonight, , wouldn't be too many players in the NRL that woudve taken those tonight . 

im honestly disappointed more than anything with Lane. He was playing some great footy at one stage . Maybe he got on the meth whilst he was out injured 😂

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Stretchman replied to Stretchman's discussion IS BENNETT DEAL WITH SOUTHS A DONE DEAL?? ASK YOURSELF THESE Q's...
"The same good authority as when Bennett backflipped on the hand shake deal with Uncle Nick to go to the Roosters? Or his wanting to seek an early release from his coaching tenures in the past at the Broncos & Kinghts.
Let's also not forget Bennetts…"
1 minute ago
Adam Magrath replied to EA's discussion Eels confirm Bennett won’t be coming to the club
"As an assistant, Maloney for sure"
3 minutes ago
Adam Magrath replied to EA's discussion Eels confirm Bennett won’t be coming to the club
"That's a long way for him to bend over "
5 minutes ago
KENDOZA replied to EA's discussion Eels confirm Bennett won’t be coming to the club
"The thing I don't get is why would wayne waste his time and parras by allowing Jim and mcelduff to meet him at his farm? Wayne wouldn't do that unless he's interested.Buzz said south's are going to announce his arrival today, if that doesn't happen…"
5 minutes ago
More…