All Discussions (42553)

Sort by

NYC Teamsheet: Talent returns

Parramatta's NYC side will field their strongest team for many weeks with Anthony Mitchell dropping back to the juniors due to Wentworthville having a bye. Taniela Lasalo and Mitchell Allgood have both served out suspensions and are also back in the

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 19

Why Feleti Mateo will play

While coach Daniel Anderson is insisting he will use the 17 players named, I feel very confident that Feleti Mateo will play. I have been tapping my sources on the shoulders throughout the week, and I'm not sure if Daniel Anderson even yet knows who

Read more…
14 Replies
Views: 12

Match Preview: Eels vs Warriors

I started writing this match preview by declaring that I couldn't see anyway Parramatta could lose this one. The Warriors are out of form, missing their captain and most important player and playing away from home. They can't make the finals and have

Read more…
23 Replies
Views: 4

Morale is sky-high, says Burt

Luke Burt said that the Eels are playing as a team again and enjoying their football. Speaking at the post-match press conference, Burt said: ''Obviously Haynesy is the stand-out, but we're all contributing quite a lot." ''We're playing as a team. Th

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 26

Top Eight

Every year around this time, people come out and start bleating out the top eight and how it lets teams who shouldn't be in the finals earn a crack at the title. Right about now, the commonly used example is Parramatta. We shouldn't be in contention,

Read more…
17 Replies
Views: 20

Interchange half backs

I've written a lot these year about how I think the role of the halves/hookers/fullback is changing. Just to recap. as hookers take on more responsibility for leading the direction of play, it pushes half backs into a less important role organisation

Read more…
7 Replies

Tahu comes home to Parramatta

AT 2:42pm yesterday, prodigal Eel Timana Tahu returned to Parramatta and declared himself a better player than the one who walked out on a cross-code crusade at the end of 2007. Two years in rugby delivered mixed results for Tahu, who finished up out

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 25

Well done Parramatta

When the new board came in, and then subsequently new CEO Paul Osbourne, all Eels fans hoped for a change for the better. Not just on the football field, but also in terms of how the club interacted with its fans. Over the last few years, as an Eels

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 22

Double-up blogs

Guys, I'm just letting everyone know that I'm going to be a little more proactive in deleting double posts. So if you see your blog go missing, it will just be that I've deleted it for this reason. I'll try and indicate in the original post that its

Read more…
2 Replies

Golden Boot is Back

If this season has show us one thing, it's that a bit of tough love never hurt anyone. At various stages, throughout this season Daniel Anderson hasn't been afraid of making the hard decisions. Like dropping Kris Inu. Or Ben Smith. Or like taking the

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 33

Results keep falling Parra's way

As the teams in front of them keep falling over, an unbeaten run by Parramatta could place them as high as fifth by the conclusion of the competition proper. With both Penrith and North Queensland going down to the Dragons and Storm respectively toni

Read more…
9 Replies
Views: 22

New 1Eyed Eel 1 Month Old

It's now one month since we switched over the the new 1Eyed site and as a few of you have shown some interest in the site's growth, I'd thought I'd share some of that information with you. We had just under 250,000 page views over the last month whic

Read more…
12 Replies
Views: 15

More stuff to read

Adam Magrath replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Coryn, I saw Gus on one of his podcasts talking about Jack Hetherington from when he was at the bulldogs. He was on an alcohol ban but got into a dust up with a few blokes at a pub one weekend. Cleaned them all up. Gus was saying that Hetherington…"
25 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"JB, we are not losing games because of the perception that RCG is not having the impact.
Its quite simply the mix and shape of our forward pack, players such as Lane and a few others from the bench are being run off their feet by the fact that we…"
38 minutes ago
The Captain replied to LB's discussion If not Bennett, then who?
"If we miss Bennett what we really need to concentrate on is finding the next supercoach - not trying to go back to the future or pull someone from a lesser competition (ESL).
I know many will hate this because they'll feel like it's the BA…"
44 minutes ago
Michael Ericson replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Why on earth would you let RCG go? He's obviously picked up a niggle last couple of weeks and needs a refresh but he's in the top 5 props in the game in my opinion. Should have been a walk up start to Freddie's blues team but for some reason was…"
48 minutes ago
More…