Replies

• Agreed Chief so if the men you mention aren't doing the job why are the the men above him not firing him then and whose the real issue here.

Its not rocket science Chief is it.

• Agreed nothing surer.

• He hasn't been given 11 years though ffs 🤦🏽‍♀️.

11 is but a number you think when he took over a Kearney Stuart teams he actually had a chance to win do you.

You think he orchestrated the salary cap breach in 15/16 and summarily punished 700 k in 17 and lost 5 good players in during 16 you think the coach had something to do with that did you.

This is Parra's big problem and it's starting to rare it's ugly head again we get within sniffing distance of consistency being relevant again and we find all soughts or ways to fark it up wheather that's poor coaching and tactics wheather it's poor recruitment injury suspension we seemingly find a way.

• Coryn, in regard to the 2016 Salary cap breach, was he at fault? No. But, same with Bellamy with the 07' & 09' stripping of premierships, he had to of known what was happening, particularly with being apart of the commitee. If you ask all 17 coaches we are going to do this and of course we will get away with it but it means we have best chance of winning? All 17 agree to it. Bellamy saying he knew nothing about it is a massive joke in my opinion.

As for he has been given 11 years, i see what you mean in that he has to fix up a lot from previous establishment and can take years before being competitive. I wrote a few months back his tenure can be split into two. 2014-18 & 2019-now. The expectations of both era's changed and he got us there. 

As for is it poor coaching or poor recruiting, i think it is both since 2023. BA and co. have tried to get the right players to replace the players we lost, but BA also hasn't adapted how we play to suit those coming in. If anything 2023, with so much turnover should have been a slight change in the direction of adapting our play. 

Overall, he has done an exceptional job, but feel his actual coaching now is not suited to us and is getting stale overall. I do agree there are more issues than just him though.

• I'll say this he did a exceptional job when he had less.

When they finally gave him the tools the team reached a point he's come up short.

My main point about his first time with the club was it was so fragmented and wasn't setup to win in those early years.When you talk about Melbourne there setup across the board hence why they bounced back a lot quicker and as a club they no how to reload.Melbourne are much like Riff they have a system across there whole club and the drop off isn't as noticeable.What we miss is that key decision maker.

Ive heard that from the horses mouth to from there current halfback.I've had several chats with over the years.He chose to stay at Melbourne when others came knocking.

• Don't worry Chief at least we will have stability and BA as coach....

• This Kid now has every reason in the book to have a blinder against Brisbane.

His Agent has got him into the spotlight

He has knocked back a minimum Top 30 wage offer from the Eels, to get a bit better of a deal.

Every club will now be watchjng him on the big stage

He is playing for an NRL contract

He has dibs on the fullback position

No one expects us to win.

The kid needs to prove himself

The club have come out and stated he is our future

To me , he now has every chance and every reason to play a blinder. 

If he does play well at fullback, dont be surprised to see Gutho playing centres on his return.

Goodluck Kid.

• I hope he plays well but he has not shown anything in fiirst grade yet especially in defence. I have seen him play fullback twice in reserves and both times he was reluctant to contest the high ball when the defence is coming through. Hopefully this has been addressed. He also does not seem to be much of a talker either which is a concern, but I hope he shows us what all the talk is about.

• That will spell disaster, for us and for him. 

• Bluey, you make this exercise out as a motivation exercise, I have no doubt he is motivated to have that blinder, where I am concerned is "does he have the ability to have a blinder". 

So I am not sure how you rate him, or are going on what people that were raving 6 weeks ago were saying about his potential.

If he can actually stand up respectfully and not embarrass himself, I will be satisfied. This kid is on a hiding to nothing and doesn't rate in my opinion in the top 10 of any young players we have brought through in the past 10 years!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize the only positive
"Who the head coach is a vital factor in recruitment & retention before any negotiations take place & the R&R committee go to work also though.
In a lot of cases, I’d say a far more vital role than $$.
It’s easy to claim BA isn’t getting the hit list…"
18 minutes ago
Parra fan on The Hill replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"This season is already a write off. Bleed in Talagi with his mistakes. He'll learn. With experience he'll improve. Groom Gutho as a dummy half. He's smart and creative. He's also a good defender and fit as fuck. Lomax isn't coming until next year.…"
19 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize the only positive
"Just read this whole blog.
This obsession with Talagi is lost on him because he is not a natural fullback, he is a good young player with potential that really is much more suited to the halves. I would player him on Sivo's wing in the interim if he…"
20 minutes ago
big 2nd rower replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"Nothing like fongy derailing a good post. "
21 minutes ago
More…