Replies

• It's easy to see these poor decisions now but 3 years ago if it came down to a decision of Stefano and Hughes over Paulo and RCG and you had to extend 2 of them on big dollars while doing so who do you go with.This is why a guy like MoN has an unenviable job.Does he go for the now picks or crystal ball it and stick with the youngsters.

He went with the now old guard and it's 4 finals series in 5 yrs with the GF in 22.

So the Sanders decision so your moving our best defender out the back to accomodate the mentioned.I mean we are bad enough defensively as it is yet you want to weaken us more by moving DB to fullback.I don't think you can do it myself but it's an option I guess,Your also not helping Sanders game either because he won't have his hands on the pill with Moses being the dominant half.

• It's kinda his job to see these decisions for the future. If it wasn't you or I could've done his job and re- signed RCG and Paulo on their contracts. Thats our issue , Mon is fucking useless. Wheras clubs like Penrith will let the big names go as they look towards the future . MON woudve entered a Dutch auction to keep the established player and not had a cent left to keep future stars. 

• Well it's easy to be Riff isn't it.

When they took a decade to build there pathways.It's easy right as that's where us and every other club iare behind Riff.They we're saying on 360 that now Riff are leading the chase for Fifita it's the first time they've hit the player market this hard since 2018.

Riff just aren't a good example as no club in the nrl has the depth they have.

• there is a great article on foxsports about how the back office has let down arthur. The fact he hasnt got control of recruitment and lack of pathways has really let down the coach. You wont attract any top quality coach with a setup like ours.

• That was written by Alex McKinnon.

While he had some good points, he was a fair way off the mark.

• What makes you say that ?  Seems quite a big guess for a bloke to just pull this claim out of his arse ?  ( or have his helpers pull it out for him ).   I've been told by multiple people alot closer to the action I.e two current player managers and an ex NRL coach and current NRL assistant , that Mo'n and the upper management have the reigns in regards to recruitment. Arthur gives them a hit list of a bunch of players he'd like and they make the call whether we get them or not. Has been thus way for years . And it's not like I've only just said this today in conjunction with sped racers article . How many player are we linked to that we miss . We are linked because Arthur has indicates he wants them , we miss when the fuckheads above him say no or can't get it done. 

I don't particularly like this clown as a journo , as his articles usually wreak of NRL flag waving , but this one is smack on what I've been told .  Which is why I've given BA some leeway in regards to the recruitment and have ridden O'Neil to do his fucking job for ages. I don't like BAs softly softly approach to the players he's got , but recruitment AINT his fuckup to own. 

• Adnan, i keep thinking if he didn't have control of recruitment, how did the Rouse Hill boys come through and get deals? Coincidence?

Not saying he has 100% control, but has more than people let on.

• I think he wanted ice.  I can understand reed going because I think he was the black sheep in the team.  I don't like O'Neil being there.  If there is tension between him and Arthur then one has to go. 

• Well Mahoney had Matt behind him, at some point BA was going to shuffle Matt in for Reed.

• Did you see 360 they were having a good old laugh at our decision makers and our R & R committee setup.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel) replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"No it's reality. No team can win year after year in the nrl anymore but they can be competitive. That's why we want a team to be proud of. At the moment I think we all agree we don't have that "
18 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Seraph's discussion BA Bingo
""We need to get better at managing the game while we've got Mitch out, to allow us to (not) have those periods of 10 or 15 minutes where we're under the pump."  Lol.  "
31 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize the only positive
"Totally agree with you on a guymer type player. I wouldn't have Tualagi anywhere near first grade. We have a lot better players than him. I don't have will drop anyone. Ma defensively is not ready for first grade yet. "
1 hour ago
Mannah-Brow replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion New eels team logo
"Bit harsh on clowns"
1 hour ago
More…