Replies

• I wouldnt be fighting to keep him. End of the day he'll be a backup fullback/half for the next 2 years and by the point gutho hangs up the boots we hopefully will have 750K to spend, a ready replacement in Lomax and hopefully have some other juniors coming through .

• As I have stated, I think this move is perfectly logical. The salary cap frustrates me no end and I am sure it is for clubs like the Panthers who have been pillaged for the last few years. The difference is, they seem to have such depth that in most cases, not all, someone else steps up. Yes, they are now looking externally to replace JFH but in the main the next player steps up and makes good. I honestly don't know the solution, but I am so sick of seeing players such as Utoikamanu, Kaufusii, Sam Hughes given limited or no opportunities only to be purchased by other Clubs who then develop them and they thrive. Could list many players such as this including others that we have bought and developed. There is no reward for a club that develops a player.  Yes, I get it, it happens to all Clubs but gees it frustrates me when I see players leave our Club and thrive elsewhere and I see our depth seriously weak.

• Oh, and to add to the potential hurt, watch the Roosters who have money to burn, come in and snatch Dylan Brown. Ai can see it happening as we speak.

• He has more chance of winning a comp at the Chooks, than here under BA. Couldn't blame him if he jumped.

• I would say that's the plan.

• So what, he can go. I'm not waiting 5 years to see if he is any good. 

• Talagi, another big future star, right up there with Pauli Pauli, Paddy O''Hanlon, Haze Dunstar

• Mate the kid can play , it's been embarrassing the way Arthur has used him there has been no planning in developing him into a 1st grade player . Trained as a fullback debut as a centre dropped after 1 game picked at 5/8 a game later told to hold an edge while gutherson over calls down a left edge   after Canberra embarrassed our fwds dropped again. 1game later picked on the bench only got game time because assi got concussed thrown  on with 15 to go when dolphins were making us look like a Massey cup side and dropped again to reserves now his picked again at fullback. How to destroy a kids confidence imagine you were his manager or his parents . No wonder his looking for better development .                       

• The way they have used him has shown they have no clue what to do with him. They cannot offer him full-time FG earlier in the year, so to keep him happy they rearrange things or put him in a position he has not played in a while and he fails due to that.

Saying he is the clubs future Fullback, then put him at Five-Eighth the following week in Cup. They have no idea what to do with Talagi, the ol' put him here we will fix it later.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bob Smith replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"It's the same when the opposition is down to 12 men. The eels have no idea how to exploit a man short. "
43 minutes ago
Adam Mogg replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"That's called accepting mediocrity "
44 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"The edge defence has been a problem for years and BA has no idea how to fix it. I can't think of anyone who would still be employed after failing for 11 years."
50 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize the only positive
"No im not , im saying he gives a wish list . For instance he'll identify he wants a lock . He'll say I want players x or  y ,or z or Hopgood . X or Y may be representive locks off contract , The R&are team will then go to work making someone happen.…"
57 minutes ago
More…