Raiders no halfback getting pumped

First game without fogarty and they are getting pumped at home.

A halfback with a long kicking game is so important to where u start to defend a set after a kick. Also, impacts your 5th tackle play.  They have just lost 40-0 at home.

look what the roosters did to dragons with walker back.

this is not a defend BA blog, he still should be sacked imo. However, we are a different team with Moses in the team. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Brown apparently being overrated isn't actually the problem, and our problems exist without Moses.

Our tactics are stuck back in 2020. We keep the ball in the middle of the field and ask our forwards to both run the ball and defend. We are heavily reliant on Moses' long kicking game, which is the best in the competition. Our entire game plan revolves around generating ruck speed through our forward pack and then promoting offloads to attack the edges.

The reason sides like Brisbane and Penrith can operate without their halfbacks to a better standard is because they have far more repeatable processes. They shift the ball out of their own end, attacking the opposition half and generating ruck speed. They rarely keep the ball in the middle for more than 2 tackles. It's their backs that do all of the work here. Their forwards don't do those carries. Neither Leota or JFH average more than 100 metres this season.

This keeps them fresh to defend ferociously up the other end of the field. Penrith get off their line faster than anyone and concede few post contact metres than anyone. It's hard to get at their edges when you have no time and space.

Penrith and Brisbane aren't as reliant on clearing kicks as we are as they pin their opponents deeper in defence.

We also heavily rely on having more than 52% of possession so our forwards don't get gassed being asked to do everything in both attack and defence.

Our attack structures aren't repeatable. We rely far too much on either jumping down a short side or playing off offloads. We don't strip sides for numbers by working over specific defenders or causing indecision, nor do we utilise changes in angles to cause defenders to constantly make effort on effort, or exploit those tired defenders.

If anything I'd say Brad's tactics are a major issue in Brown being able to play to the level he has in the past and the way he played in New Zealand's Pacific Championship win. He tore the Kangaroos to shreds in that game, and it was because they went at Australia's edge defenders.

• All good poins here Super, particualrly the Penrith forwards; i watched their game and from a kick, their fullback, wingers and then often the centre takes a run off a half / 5/8 play in the middle of the field. By then you only need one prop and then either a shift wide or a forwards again before Clearys (block play kick) kick.

Its not rocket science. Easts and Melbourne also good to watch here.

• Great post, Super.

• X2, but a lot of this is basic stuff BA just doesn't get, his gameplan is effort on effort, and if we don't hold possession we lose, without Moses' kicking it's exposed this badly. 

• Good post

• I haven't been sold on Canberra this year. Their only wins have came against average opposition or teams around them. The moment they have played someone of quality e.g. Brisbane or Cronulla they have been battered.

• Burn gutho burn

• Flow Basket.....what does that mean, Burn Guthi Burn?

• Poppa l thought you were a banker? It's a very infamous stock broking comment.

• Well if you listen to Fong, I am only a bush banker, but I can honestly say I have not heard of that expression in banking.  I was more concerned that Gutho was being denigrated and whilst I dont worship him, I think if every one put in what Gutho does we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Can you give me a context where that is used Darren?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frankie Fong replied to Blue Eel's discussion Saying It for Years. How will we ever really compete?
"Sometimes clubs will sign a contract with a player guaranteeing the TPA if it is not payed which is technically illegal .

If the player does not get payed and they have a contract with the club that guarantees the TPA then the player manager will…"
2 minutes ago
The Badger replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Ponga and Adam Doueihi
"No to both.
Adam has worse knees than Gutho and Ponga would be way too expensive. "
2 minutes ago
ByronBae replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Ponga and Adam Doueihi
"In no particular order - Tedesco, Walsh, Manu, Paps, Edwards, Gutho (maybe biased). Ponga doesn't make my top 5. I may be being harsh but as far as I'm concerned he's on par with Mitchell and the Hammer.
 "
5 minutes ago
parra supporter replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Ponga and Adam Doueihi
"Ponga only just makes the top 5 fullbacks abd he's in nearly 1.5 million. I would only pay half that for him.
Adam on the other hand would be a great buy for that price. "
12 minutes ago
More…