Raiders no halfback getting pumped

First game without fogarty and they are getting pumped at home.

A halfback with a long kicking game is so important to where u start to defend a set after a kick. Also, impacts your 5th tackle play.  They have just lost 40-0 at home.

look what the roosters did to dragons with walker back.

this is not a defend BA blog, he still should be sacked imo. However, we are a different team with Moses in the team. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• As fans we can only speculate on how good or not we are with convincing players to sign. But whilst we failed to do so, luck or bad recruitment ability aside, the fact is we at least had the foresight. So that's a positive I guess.

Re. Defence I think that's been a problem for many years. Even when we were a "good" team I still felt our goaline defence was brittle. The difference was we could play the field position (metres gained, post contact metres and time in possession etc) game so well.

• All fair points.

• NOS agree with everything you have said and would add that the vision was always clouded by the role that our next elite group of juniors would play. We thought we had enough to hold us together until 2025  but sadly our elite juniors have proven to be not so elite. 

There is no doubt that Sanders is a class act, 32 tackles is an embarrassment to Tulagi and subsequently the coach in not selecting him previously. It seems so many judgements were made against Sanders through the one (first) trial, and Tulagi for that matter who was not impressive in that trial either (he has ridden off the coat tails of running over Turbo, and this was another unfortunate thing). Penisini's brother having a season ender obviously hurt our depth further, he was still a year away notwithstanding as is Matt Arthur (looks the most promising of any and boy do we need a fresh young hooker). Through to Dunster not delivering at any level and some horrible choices to fill holes. 

All this has proven to be a perfect storm aligned with Moses injury. 

The saddest part of all this is that those pathways haven't delivered (again) as no rampaging young forwards have come through either.

As I said well put NOS just this process of timing with our youngsters need to be added into the "foresight" angle.

• Pops, great points & I'm probably being unfair in some ways using the word 'foresight', as there is definitely an element of timing.

Injuries have cruelled us (AMS / Penisini Jnr), and perhaps we were facing a bit of a gap-year where the juniors needed more time than what we had? I can understand this would be a complex balance.

This does cirlce back to the discussion around systems between HOE & I too though, Pops?

Would Blaize have looked so out of place defensively, had he been coming into a well-structured & meticulously drilled defensive system? 

I imagine joining our defensive line as a rookie must be an absolute nightmare.

We see players with 100+ games of first grade experience look completely at sea with each other, especially in the outside backs.

Chasing & signing Lomax is fantastic, its a huge step forward, I do give a lot of credit to the club there.

• Yes I agree about systems and culture, just thought you both covered that well. Of course in saying that, it is obvious that cannot change under the present regime and that's why we need that experienced coach and hopefully a Powerful Head of Football who is endemic in supplying the systems and culture.

Just thought again about what you said about Tulagi, you would have thought that his obviously very poor tackling technique would have been shown up in the preseason.....it makes you wonder what they learn in this process??

Again on culture, thinking about Hand's last year and would he have missed that tackle on Friday night as badly as he did, it seems to me inside his head he could have been asking, now they want me? and I'm not sure I want to be here? One percenters! ??

• Your mate O'Neill is the man you should be writing a letter too , Ploppa.   You've been swinging your pexker around for years mentioning how O'Neill has a busiess degree and who are we to question his ability , now you're jumping off his wagon and masquerading as someone who has the in-depth theories of what's needed to fix this mess ?  

should you not be having faith in the guy with that degree ?  Or are you now admiring his degree may as well be out of a cornflakes box ?   Which is it ?  If only you changed your brown stained Y fronts as often as you changed your opinion .  

Pathways is his domain .  

• Floppa never likes to admit when he's wrong!! The fact that he kept blowing smoke up O'Neil's arse ad nauseam, both figuratively and literally, exhibits what an inept judge of talent floppa is, and to a lesser extent slugg fest!! 

i think floppy must be suffering some of the after effects, like O'Neil, from a Danny Williams like KO! 

• Hey Clarice, you wouldn't understand Slugg. He's a man's man. You don't speak the same language

• Hey chump! Haven't you heard that old hacks like yourself, floppa, and sluggish are entities of the past, and I really mean that with a distinct lack of respect!!

• You say that Clarice like you don't expect to live over 55. How very sad. Self help books may help you.

I think I will add this after every insult: www.thecumberlandthrow.com

....no wonder this place has become a ghost town

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

EA replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Lomax says he has no issue playing on the wing.
"They are probably couple years away if they ever make it to the nrl."
4 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Ponga and Adam Doueihi
"Ponga is elite talent, but imagine dealing with his father wanting an extra million plus on top of around $1.5 million per annum or whatever in NRL contract.
"What your club can't do that in TPAs?!"
"We'll do it all in POs, it's all the rage now;…"
5 minutes ago
BEM replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Ponga and Adam Doueihi
"Ponga is made of glass and is on way to much coin.
Adam is a walking injury waiting to happen. 
Hard pass on both."
13 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Adam Magrath's discussion Player Options
"This is a very relevant important topic. The fact we have by far use the most "player options" in contracts is both as telling as it worrying. It's a self castrating vicious cycle.
It suggests how the club's heirachy and GM have been able to retain…"
23 minutes ago
More…