Tuilagi has secured a release from the final two seasons of his contract with the Sea Eagles to sign a two-year deal under Brad Arthur at the Eels.

The Samoan international joined Manly from the Wests Tigers in 2023, featuring in 17-games for the Sea Eagles.

However, a logjam of backrowers at the Sea Eagles, including Haumole Olakua’atu, Ben Trbojevic and Josh Schuster has led Tuilagi to link with Parramatta.

Tuilagi will provide much required depth and competition in the back row at the Eels where Shaun Lane is regarded as the only edge forward guaranteed a starting spot in Brad Arthur’s best 17.

For the Sea Eagles, Tuilagi’s exit will enable the club to create further flexibility in their salary cap.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are not many players available or other clubs willing to let go. Unless it is like Kayal Iro as a NSW cup star.

Give us a hint in terms of position and type of club. Or better yet just tell us.

• Could it be Bradman best?

• Na it's Manu , he wants to join a club with w winning culture and high standards . 

• No way the Knights are letting him go now. 

• There really isn't many available, maybe Olam or someone on the outers. Most players available atm are just not wanted by their clubs. 

• I could see us chasing Olam, not saying I want him as I think there is better we can chase but wouldn't surprise me.

• Haha I'm sure we will hear about it then....😃😃

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Should MA be elevated into 14 jersey next few weeks ?
"I did see his passing a tad bit slow, i agree. But luckily he is 19, not the finished product. As for it hurting his development, i do not see how it will if he gets a 10-15min stint in a few games. Now, if Hands went down and he played 60-80mins…"
13 minutes ago
EA replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Should MA be elevated into 14 jersey next few weeks ?
"Would like to see Twiddle get a chance at 6 in cup by the end of the year. Absolutely lethal in attack in flegg. All the points are coming of him. He reminds me of Tedesco so much. Will be hard to get a chance with Sanders, Lynn and Asi normally…"
14 minutes ago
Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Should MA be elevated into 14 jersey next few weeks ?
"Hopefully Doorey is elevated next week into the 11 jumper. Carty on the other edge and keep lane in the middle off bench. "
20 minutes ago
Yehez replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Should MA be elevated into 14 jersey next few weeks ?
"I am hoping the bye brings about some changes from the NSW cup.
Doorey, Arthur, Guymer shoud feature without a doubt IMO. 
By end of season I really hope 2 of them are starters in the 17 long term. Maybe even the likes of Tuivati accelerated. "
25 minutes ago
More…