1. Cowboy's played well and deserved to win.
2. We cannot continue with JA in the 17 or for that matter the 21
3. BA has essentially split this team up with his approach to playing JA. Did anyone notice the Moses interview after the game "he was ropable" does anyone understand why? He was essentially replaced by JA playing the 7 role and him playing somewhere in the centres and 5/8. Note this all happened in the first half.....the key breakdowns and fuck ups all centred around JA's involvement, even if he did nothing particularly wrong....he was just there and showed that he could not handle the job....shovelling it out like we did the previous week is essentially the game plan Cowboys expected. Todd Paynton knew this and instructed his team to play in the middle and keep it tight.
4. The first half Parra had say 6 chances to score and Cowboys 2. The Cowboys executed their opportunities pefectly, both those tries were not defendable. All ours fell down through poor execution. 15-0 was not a true indication.
5. Second half Moses came back into playing the 7 and JA disappeared, I don't think Dylan Brown hardley touched it in the first half....second half we had two tries disallowed that should have been scored, Lane fumble over the line and I cannot remember who was involved with the second....anyway the score could have been 15-12 and game on.
6. Because we didn't score the points we played catch up, Cowboys were energised at the real prospect of winning whereas they may have taken the gas at 15-12.
7. Letting in those last 3 tries was embarrassing, some ordinary one on one misses and no cover defence, DB is in the front line, he is our cover defence, JA tried hard but so does my 20 month old grandson.
So summary is we cannot win many games with this current squad and the realisation for BA is to have different plans for different sides, Feldt is not a great winger and has errors in him but with good execution inside him he is pretty good. No better than ours, some people believe Pereham was exposed/showed up.....I don't believe that, he was ok....its just like riding a bike and we had one link broken, fucks the whole ride.
BA will not be sacked and arguably we have no one better for the sake of what we are learning at this point in time. If JA is not playing next game and we have Marata back in the centres, we can still beat Panthers, no chance otherwise.
Finally some good news, if no one has said it already....The Brisbane press made a statement that JA has been offered to Storm, presumably for next year but we could start a petition to have him go now. It would be best for everyone with the possible exception of Storm.
I have tried to rationalise this blog into something coherent given all the vendetta's and wasted words on BA , create a platform of analysing where we went to and create room for what ever fixes can practically be applied.
PS and note, I didn't need to mention the word nepotism in the whole blog.