It was revealed by BA this afternoon at the media conference that Gutherson played the last 5 games in 2022 with a broken hand and was also the reason why Jakob Arthur was continuously on the bench, to provide cover and for Moses to shift to fullback if Gutho couldn't continue. BA also said that 'this wasn't a ideal solution' and needed a player to cover Fullback. 

Id say he's got no confidence in Russell to play FB.
So the question I have to ask is, so all off season till now and they can't secure a player who can cover fullback as well as a bench spot?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If true goes to show what type of competitor Gutho is and how clueless the recruitment department is at the club.

• Agree Frank, as much as I don't like Gutherson as a captain (more because of his personality) you simply cannot question his work ethic and he is consistently the most reliable player we have.

What he doesn't bring in attack he brings tenfold defensively.

No need to find another fullback, how about we strengthen up the Front Row and give our platform (Paulo and RCG) some more help.

Surely we have a few young speedy reliable backs we can give an opportunity to, that would be a lot better for our Salary Cap Management.

• If true shows what a dill BA is 

• John please listen, this is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact. The Club is not replacing Gutho at Fullback. If we bring in a Fullback it is as a back up option.

• I think it was a podcast last year back or so, Munster said that the Storm had all these plays worked out against us. They executed them all perfectly, but just when they thought they'd pulled it off, Gutho would be there and save the day.

That's high praise coming from the Storm. Enough said.

• If you can remember the podcast that was mentioned, I'd appreciate knowing. Would like to hear it. 

• X2

• Pretty sure it was a YKTR podcast with Justin Horo. Can't remember which one.

• Perham could have covered fullback and the halves. Nice try nepo.

• Perham? Really?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Even if he goes to Rugby hasn't uncle Nick got him signed sealed and delivered after he's done?
I to could see Lomax at the Roosters they seemingly have a penchant for afffording these all star rosters."
32 seconds ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"How does getting Lomax stop our fowards getting older ?
If onething I'm not worried about is BAs ability to develop fowards or the importance of our much vaunted R and R committee finding fowards.
Paulo looks like he has a new lease of life in his…"
7 minutes ago
ParraPride replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Definitely not!
I see it either being a close game with Parra winning or us winning by over 12 points."
2 hours ago
RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
4 hours ago
More…