We have talked about the joke of the salary cap but this year it has really gotton out of hand. The Rorters have so many players available that they now have 2 reserve grade teams. Norths and Roosters are both Rorters reserves. How the hell is this allowed to happen. It seems to me that this club has has got way too much power with the NRL. Sonny Bill's commentary last night was simply disgraceful. All the glotting about the win despite having 5 million dollars worth of players not playing (inc Tedesco). The 5 million is said with a bs cough? If last nights game was reffed evenly I will eat my hat.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Firstly, there's no restriction on how many players a club can have under contract, so long as the 30 highest paid players fit under the cap. 
    Secondly, there is no restriction on how many feeder teams a club may have. 

• There is no restriction if it is the Rorters. Imagine if Blacktown Workers came under Parramatta as it should all hell would break lose. But instead the NRL give it to Manly and we wonder were all our jumiors are e.g. Schuster. The Rorters can do whatever they want including having the rules changes so they can get players after June 30 etc. Pay players under there real value etc etc. Also there should be a restriction on all players and all players including juniors coming through sould be a part of the cap. If not it defeats the whole point of the cap which is to stop clubs going broke and even up the comp. With extra teams coming in the depth of each club will get worse and allowing 1 team to have 2 feeder clubs is a joke.

• Your ignorance is breathtaking.

Blacktown Workers CHOSE to leave the Parramatta District to join the Manly District, as they are free to do, the NRL had nothing, zero, zilch, less than zero to do with that. 

No rules were changed for the Roosters, any team can access players after June 30 if they have the cap space or slots in their top 30. 

Why on Earth would we want to restrict the number of players teams can have when everyone is saying there's not enough talent in the game. We want all clubs to have as many players they can handle, and why should juniors be included in the salary cap ? We want teams to invest in youth, not discourage it. 

You are a moron, and the worst kind, an ignorant moron 

• The issue is not what is in the rules. They are free to do it under the current rules the issue is it should not be allowed to happen. What it will mean is a few strong teams and the rest having no chance. They are rorting the cap and rorting the rules and worse the rules are changed to suit the rorters. The players are a protected species. Look at the sets of knees in the last 2 years. One on our Russell and the other on a Rorters players. Both get broken ribs but the outcome for Parramatta compared to Rorters was chalk and cheese. Look at Tedesco last night and compare to Gutherson with the Sharks. Not seeing it is showing that you are simply naive.

• Smart move Roosters . No Salary cap and pay them a wage and pick the best from 2 teams to fill NRL spots when needed . If I was a young player with some talent hoping to get elevated to an elite NRL team from their NSW CUP team I would rather play with one of 2 Roosters cup sides than play in the only Tigers NSW cup side . 

• Exactly, and why wouldn't teams want as much development talent as possible ?

• It is a smart move but if allowed to continue down this path you will finish like the EPL with very few teams actually capable of winning. 

• Plenty of teams in the past have had 2 feeder clubs some even 3 or 4.

Granted they are mostly a mixture of NSWcup and Qcup and rarely 2 from NSWcup but Nth QLD and Brisbane both have 3 from Qcup atm.

Canberra used to have South Logan and a NSWcup team but South Logan are now one of Brisbane. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Collaroy Eel replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I think BA probably had the team running ragged prior to the game in 32deg heat which sapped up all their energy .
Just like he did 5/6yrs ago at Brookvale when manly killed us vecause Des had his team cooling off in the sheds prior to the game and…"
8 minutes ago
Kurupt - Sofa King Annoyed replied to Muttman's discussion Souths Anzac Jersey
14 minutes ago
"Bullet holes? I thought they were speed holes."
14 minutes ago
"🤣"
17 minutes ago
More…