Big News On Lomax

The inside information and this is from a credible source,  - This Saturday will be the last game Lomax will play in the red V.  Make of this what you will.  Parramatta are odds on and have made it known through the media that we are after him.

Whether he joins the eels or another team, I've only been told that He'll be playing in other colours in the next few weeks. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't think Lomax is needed and the winger from Penrith isn't either as he only looks that good in that side. I agree that a really good winger (tall and fast) or fullback (X-factor and fast) is what is needed. 

• The thing i will say that is annoying. A lot here complain that we do not sign any backs, mainly backs of note. One might be available, one that is talented, and some of the same people say no thank you as he is either not that good or too expensive. So you have a go at Parramatta for not signing players but if they do they have to be the right ones for the right price. Being picky like that is the reason we have signed nobody.

I agree that we should not sign for the sake of signing, but still Lomax has potential and yes he might pricey but we need a quality Centre and need to pay to get one.

• My biggest thing in talent aquisition is projecting what the player will be in 2-3 years time after we've signed him.Much like they have with a lot of these signings we have in our side now.Don't buy them at the top of the market get them on the way up develop them and pay them.

Much like we have done with guys like Moses Brown and Gutho we took them at the beginning developed and now there at the peak of there powers though Brown has more to go then we pay them or in some of our players resurrect them.

Guys like Farnworth Young and Lomax your late to the party on.If you'd have got these guys and especially guys like Farnworth and Young who were from the UK looking for a test you'd have them for half of what they are on now.This is why I bang on about not being to insular around looking for talent as you miss alot of good players.

This to me is Parra's problem the development pathways are improving but they should be going for the doctor when acquiring and looking for talent just not looking over the back fence for it.

• Thing is Coryn, unless you sign Cam Smith or Billy Slater there will be some who moan that we sign nobody, then when we do they complain it is a nobody.

• Those that complain aren't looking at the big picture and only see what they want to see.I have zero doubts if we had more of the pieces of the puzzle like the club does our opinions would be very different.

• Coryn there would some here that would still complain signing Slater if we did, just the way it works at times. Some people find it more entertaining when Parra are doing bad, more to complain about and more fun.

• It looks like a deal is being finalised for the Dragons to take Josh Schuster in exchange for Zac Lomax.

Schusters deal is worth more than Lomax, so Manly may have to cover part of the existing deal.

Lomax is unhappy at the Dragons, and Schuster was dumped to NSW Cup and is unlikely to get his spot back over Luke Brooks.

I think Manly end up better off here. Lomax has more upside.

• Yet again we miss out. Hahahahahah 

• Sux that we missed out on an overpaid whinger. It's fucken bullshit!!!

• Right, who would you rather sign? Manu perhaps?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to EA's discussion Lomax Clause
"Never know, he might be the cream inside a Diddy and Usher oreo."
30 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"I haven't been sold on Canberra this year. Their only wins have came against average opposition or teams around them. The moment they have played someone of quality e.g. Brisbane or Cronulla they have been battered."
35 minutes ago
Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘's discussion Paul Kent involved in Street fight video
"Good ol Kenty O'Keefe "
36 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion The Bennett Hypothetical: Sliding Doors
"Your Matt Cameron snow flake is starting gain momentum Mutts I don't know if it's a good thing on here 😂 "
1 hour ago
More…