Replies

• Haha, Michael, I don't like the 01' , either. Too much Simpsons in it. Too much cartoon with its predominance of unripened, yellowish-mango. LB, I can understand your nostalgia bias though, I'm still in love with the early 80s jerseys, when I first fell in love with the Eels. 

The early 80s  predominance of dark navy blue makes us look more serious and classy, IMO. It was a bit heavy and crude on the golden-yellow stripes, but the big-picture idea is what I like.

12404312501?profile=RESIZE_584x

12404312085?profile=RESIZE_584x

12404317695?profile=RESIZE_930x

1. 12404313260?profile=RESIZE_930x

Come to think of it, the 2001 jersey is a modernization of the 1986 jersey, whether that's deliberate or coincidence. Never liked the 86' jersey, too. It also has that cartoon feel. The 2001 is just more streamlined than the 86': adding a V-for-victory-dip and removing the crude stripes where the bottom-third golden-yellow meets the top-third navy-blue. Then, all the sponsors and logos are modernized to the times.

• Absolutely disgustingly horrid! Jersey matches with our situ I guess :((

• Fkn embarrassing 

• When does the Macron partnership end? They've given us some very average jerseys. In saying that I'll still buy this jersey but it's underwhelming to say the least

• surely this year is the last? its our 4th year now, they are rubbish!

• Always hated that jersey

• Horrible. Disgusting. Hate it

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion The Bennett Hypothetical: Sliding Doors
"Good response HOE. I like your Oak tree analogy.  
Give the players the rope and see what they do with it. No excuses. See how the leadership emerges.See howr the natural talent and independence plays out. They are not kids. It will need time for…"
20 minutes ago
Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to EA's discussion Lomax Clause
"Never know, he might be the cream inside a Diddy and Usher oreo."
51 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"I haven't been sold on Canberra this year. Their only wins have came against average opposition or teams around them. The moment they have played someone of quality e.g. Brisbane or Cronulla they have been battered."
56 minutes ago
Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘's discussion Paul Kent involved in Street fight video
"Good ol Kenty O'Keefe "
57 minutes ago
More…