Will Manly be smarting next week?

Perhaps could be the first team to lose to Gold Coast this year, back home at Brooky they will be smarting hard. Do we have the mental capacity to keep up or will we give up when gets tough? They have shown weakness on their right edge, though with speed. That we do not have. This upcoming game i think is crucial more than ever for BA particularly going into a bye week. Manly have shown to let points in but man they can score them.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep I am in this boat 

• I think anyone that has common sense and decency are in this boat. That is not to say BA should stay, I agree he has to go.

The one argument that we don't know is who has pulled the strings on the recruitment wagon, it is really a problem and whether it is MON or not he has to go (I have been one of his strongest in principle supporters) but the buck stops with him regardless if he has been over ruled or white anted. 

A lot of discussion has centred around the board and its leadership, regardless of where that goes BA & MON have to go......but the few on here who have an understanding of these workings have alluded to the endemic issues that still may apply in that peice of the puzzle.

Finally I do not think we will get Bennett as I don't accept he would want to come here, we do need him just the same, so I hope I am wrong. The main thing Bennett will do is sort out the non-football expertise in the board. The only people that need to be different(at least in attitude) are the Chairman & CEO and that difference is understanding a delination of responsibilities that they have no expertise in. For future references they need to come up with a future nomination of a director that understands the nuances, I cannot see why it would take much of Sterlo's time or any similar responsible retired person, like Bernie Gurr. What is Beau Scott doing as another example?

Last thing is to support Muttman's argument for Matt Cameron.....an offer to good to refuse. I'm sure Bennett would not be negative to that as well as he will have only limited interest in our pathways.....maybe we could offer Bennett a board membership after his retirement to add a sweetener.

• Pops, are you seriously considering the head of football and the coach are not equally accountable for recruitment.   I reckon you've fallen into the tct trap

• I wouldn't be sacking them if I thought they weren't accountable you dumbass!

The point I was making and obviously it was over your head, is what interference took place outside of the Coach and Hof.

An example was that lets assume BA & MON wanted Jac but were overidden to the point all they were allowed to go to was 450K.... 

Mate I am just as objective on TCT as I am on here, your hatred doesn't need to be extended just because you don't like them.

• I like them, doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they say clown boy. 

• Chief, you have been warned off their site, are you being dishonest or disingenous?

• Pops absolutely not. I've been critical of ba and the club for various reasons including the roster,  but never dishonest. 

• This is it LB if your in the camp of wanting the coach gone keep hoping we take a pounding as that's the quickest out.The guys above BAs pay grade need to see it for themselves and since there numbers men getting pounded like we could do should reinforce this.

But if like you say we recover it's rinse wash repeat for everyone.

The biggest issue isn't coaching it never was.4 of the last 5 seasons we've been 2nd week of the finals or better.The BIGGEST issue at Parra is the higher ups seeing it for what it is.

Ill echo what Muttman has been saying around a director of football and having a plan to turn the club around across the board they need that hire that's more important than any FG coach hire.

If you want a great read about a hire like this.

The Score Takes Care Of Itself the San Francisco Forty Niners Bill Walsh story.Brilliant read on how he rebuilt a floundering franchise into the most dominant franchise of its time.

• I agree higher ups need rearranging. But tell me Coryn, would we have a better chance winning a comp with BA or Bennett?

Coaching is not the no.1 issue, but is a big issue.

• Bennett he's the best that's ever done it.Theres no comparison.The higher ups have had years to offload BA the question must be asked why they haven't yet.Do you have faith 1 they'll get Bennett over the line and 2 they'll find a director of football that has a grand plan to get us on track as I'm not confident at all.

Do you think with this roster he can wave his magic and win a comp ?

They get Lomax next year which looking at this team is huge.

Our front office seemingly don't have a long term plan around the footy department recruitment or pathways the latter has been rubbish for 2 decades.We'll always be behind the 8 ball until we get that fixed.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank The Tank replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Absolutely.
If losing BA means we lose 90% of the squad - I'm all in.
Imagine how exciting it will be next year? New coach, a new squad and a new era "
1 minute ago
Michael W. replied to christeel's discussion behalf of the sick the elderly and the miserable.
"That's bullshit. BA has been wanting an 'x' factor type player for 18mths. BA wanted JAC at the start of the year, JAC wanted to come here, the board would only offer him $450k, he's on a bit more at the Dogs. We tried for Blake Wilson, same story,…"
1 minute ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Is that you Brad?"
2 minutes ago
christeel replied to christeel's discussion behalf of the sick the elderly and the miserable.
"damn  ! sad to hear about your brother  bem , the die hard  eel supporter he was .  ....  no doubt  you  keep the parra's  colours  flying.   special  moments. "
2 minutes ago
More…