Wayne to Souths.

Nrl 360 reporting that south's are trying to get Wayne locked up asap. Probably not coming to parra unfortunately 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And we won't have changes higher up while BA is the coach.

The quickest way to get rid of those above is to replace Bushie with Bennett. 

Wayne gets what Wayne wants. 

• Forgot about Bennet ever coming to Parramatta, take too long to whip the club into shape plus he would know more what's going on at south's than our club.

• Would take Wayne a good 2-3 years to clean out the rubbish systems and players at parra for sure, he'll prob go back to south's lol 

• Absolute crap, all he would have to is tweak a couple of players, and bring speed into the side......2/3 years to clean out the rubbish systems is some sort of fantasy you have read through the media or worse still some on here!

Shit BA did it in 12 months back in the day and he had nothing to work with.

• Not sure if Bennett want's to leave QLD though. Any new gig down south would have to be attractive to him in terms of achievement or accomplishment. I just don't think Souths would be all that attractive to him given he has been there already and its needing a bit of rebuild.

A premiership win following on in the footsteps of Jack Gibson (who he admired) to end the longest premiership drought would certainly catapult him into league immortality. But is he interested, and secondly, are the board motivated enough to get that deal done?

Souths have already moved the first chess piece by sacking JD. We need to at least be in discussions with Bennett to keep his options open.

• He still wants a head coaching gig and South's only one that is looking atm. Eels probably going to miss the bus on this one 🤣

• Well we don't know if the board are considering Bennett, and from a professional point of view, nor should we. A move on BA would only be done if you have someone already lined up to replace him. Does the board have the stomach to go through what is needed though? That's the question.

I'm not sure Souths have made a decision on a successor. They couldn't let the media speculation drag on any longer so had to make a decision one way or the other. Guarantee he did lose the playing group though, I don't recall many players coming out in support of JD. Did Latrell, Cody or Damien Cook say anything at all that they backed their coach? 

• Souths have got 5 coaches they looking at apparently, Wayne is one of them but yeah not sure what direction they'll go in. 

• JD defs lost the playing group and had to be sacked, different vibe at eels most our guys support BA yeah. Different situations for sure 

• Agree with your opening paragraph, you are aknowledging the conjecture and not saying "what will happen" like others on here that just accept it,and yes if he is being approached past/present or future tense, then the best argument we would have is the challenge Parramatta offers to his legacy.

He would be taking over a pretty good roster minus 3-4 players plus Lomac, all he would do is change our defence and add speed into the backline.....players will chase him.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Patsy Stone replied to fake midget pseudoachondroplasia's discussion Steve McNamara
"I really think there is zero chance of Slater being interested in a coaching gig at club level.  Slater is well established with his family in the South East of Melbourne, he has a plum gig with Ch9 which allows him to dabble in coaching with his…"
2 hours ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to fake midget pseudoachondroplasia's discussion Steve McNamara
"If McNamara isn't in your top 5 chief that is the best endorsement I have heard for a coach, sign him up now.
Slater isn't going coach eels so forget it  Origin coach suits him as it allows him time for his commentary and his horses.  His built up…"
2 hours ago
LB replied to fake midget pseudoachondroplasia's discussion Steve McNamara
"Though Michael, you mention also Slater is who you would be going for. He has only coached Origin. Now i do agree with the sediments of a coach who has never coached in the NRL is not a great option, if they have been an assistant then went to…"
2 hours ago
Mathew Clarke replied to fake midget pseudoachondroplasia's discussion Steve McNamara
"If we're going with a rookie coach, Slater is who the Eels should be doing everything possible to get him.
Not much they can do if he's not interested though."
2 hours ago
More…