Replies

• Radradra DB Penisini are 3 I'd mention before French.

• He'd be stupid not to test the market. I'm pretty sure he'd want to stay an Eel, but is testing the market to ascertain what price they need to pay and possibly 100k or so less than other clubs 

• You don't need to test the market to know player worth - there are people at our club who's literal job is to understand the player market, understand what competitive salaries would look like, and negotiate to right-size a contract. Sure, if you're a superstar of the game who is breaking the ceiling for how much you're worth, then testing the market makes sense because there may be no other way to judge your worth. But Talagi is not that - he is a promising junior, that's it.

This could have been avoided if we played our cards better. Our club already has a whiff about it when it comes to poor contract negotiations and this is just another example that reinfornces it.

• He's now got a full month though to show if he's a promising NRL fullback. And they can command decent money on potential alone. His agent is doing exactly what he should be doing. Before Gutho's injury, Talagi was being seen as simply a stop gap backline utility which are worth a lot less than a fullback.

• The Eels are a shitshow and should have had Talagi secured some time ago, but if he wants to test the market I hope he goes...who cares?

• all those that are writing him off also said the same about Stefano Utoikamanu how has that turned out

• His just given a full month at fullback and wants to show what he has. Smart move by him to not take the option. Plays a good month of footy and he could earn extra 100-150k 

• Agree, next 4 weeks we'll see if he's got anything. If he flops then parra has all the leverage tbh. 

• Well not so much since he is not a Fullback, if he is to be a good one it is a year or two away. If he flops at Fullback the next month, Roosters would still grab him to play Centre and train him to play 6 which is the position he has played the most.

• I always said he was a half, with Sanders going, that was the option to develop him, and I am not talking now, in NSW Cup where he can learn to tackle. The aim should be preparing him to play half from that perspective and he should not be in FG now.

LB I don't think Roosters would be interested in him, he is simply not good enough with some of the young halves around now..... that they will have access to.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

josh jones replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion New eels team logo
"Not bad. Coincidentally it  looks a bit like Arthur."
2 hours ago
Bob Smith replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"It's the same when the opposition is down to 12 men. The eels have no idea how to exploit a man short. "
4 hours ago
Adam Mogg replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"That's called accepting mediocrity "
4 hours ago
Bob Smith replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"The edge defence has been a problem for years and BA has no idea how to fix it. I can't think of anyone who would still be employed after failing for 11 years."
4 hours ago
More…