Replies

• Agree Pops. Back in the day our coach "who played first grade at the Eels at the time" made everything about motivation. He had the smallest kids that were tackling terrible turned into giant killers, just by motivating them to not miss the tackle  yada yada yada you get my point.

I dont know if the kid has the skills, I havnt seen it. Chances are Brisbane will give us a 50point hiding. Watching Reece Walsh at the moment, he has stepped up in Reynolds absence and is demanding the ball and doing good stuff with it.

All im saying is this kid right now has the oppurtunity to make a huge statement. He either will or he will wilt under pressure and be cast back to NSW cup. 

To me our season appears all but over, so im looking for smaller highs. It would please me more then anything to see the Kid do well and I wish him all the luck. I also cant see Gutho playing much more fullback past this year with his ageing body, and lack of speed.

• Talagi's agent is Isaac Moses.
    Isaac Moses hates BA and the Eels club. He's going to make this as difficult as possible.
    Why do these kids sign up with the worst agent in the business?

• It's an easy decision for the club, offer him what you think he is worth and he either takes it or leaves it.

The club has to stand its ground against this manager, just don't sign any of his players if he goes overboard with his hard ball tactics.  The less players under his management you have on your books the better. 

• Yeah I just saw this in the news too.

I retract my previous statements about our R&R missing the pre-talks with Talagi. Isaac Moses is an A-Grade moron and would have pushed Talagi to market and spruiked it all over the media...and I expect the circus to continue.

We really need to ban our club from dealing with certain players agents. Issac Moses is up there with the worst of the worst.

• It's as if he is too lazy to check for himself what his player is worth, so he goes shopping with as many clubs as will listen to him. In the end, this is bad for the clubs but also is very distracting for the player. What's worse he leaks eveything to the media, who of course lap it up especially if is is Parra related.

Whilst it would be great to ban player agents, I'm not sure on the legality of that. This should really be up to the NRL to set some guidelines. I suppose Parra could set their own guidelines and refuse to deal with anyone who does not adhere to those guidelines.

• Issac Moses has always been clear with his intent - he hoards players and coaches so he can try and use his size to bully clubs and the NRL. He can make players and coaches package deals, he can threaten to pull multiple deals.  IMHO he doesn't care if he acts in the best interests of the players, he wants to maximise the income for his business. If that means stifling Talagi's career by playing as many clubs as possible off against each other and using the media as lube in the process, he'll do it.

Is it ethical? Hell no. But then ethics isn't exactly his strong suit given he was previously deregistered for telling players to lie to the integrity body about 3rd party payments.

Is it successful? For him, yes. For the players? Questionable. But he keeps a lot of players on his books so he obviously has his sales pitch down pat.

• Isaac doesn't go to the media and his not shopping him around his looking after his client and his wellbeing. His basically going from an sg ball contract to a top 30 contract. He would be holding off purely waiting to see who will be coaching and what changes there making . His main priority is his development . Isaac actually looks after parramatta in that he keeps a lot of his juniors at the club .Its parramatta that is stuffing up in there development and the only sides that Brad watches or shows interest in are the sides his sons play in ,the rest of the pathways he doesn't have anything to do with keeping his 1st grade squad away from everyone. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize the only positive
"Only issue with playing him in the front line currently is the defence, he needs work on that. Could see him at centre/halves or flb but he needs work for sure. Some flashes of good footy from him mixed in. "
1 minute ago
Seth hardy replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"What you and the hierarchy at Parra have is no footy acumen. Your blind faith in a failed coaching system has just stumbled  along from year to year. You wake up when it belts you in the mouth.  "
4 minutes ago
Eli Stephens posted a discussion
Just saw the big fellas NSW cup stats, definitely need to elevate him to nrl and lane needs a stint in newy cup. Gutho back in and matto. 3 changes to this weeks side. Can prob have Blaize as 14 for utility value and gutho at Flb. 
8 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"Semi Radradra Mitchell Moses Dylan Brown  and a foward pack broke plenty of games open.BAs biggest cross to bare is the defensive consistency or lack there of it."
9 minutes ago
More…