Replies

• Well there is an asumption there.... no one seems to have addressed the situation  BECAUSE he may have the same problem at fullback as he had at 5/8 and slightly lessor degree Centre.

i.e. will he last 5 weeks at fullback, it maybe he will be such an abject failure, that the kid breaks under the pressure and is lost to the game. I can tell you now he has a break because Reynolds is not playing, he would be lucky to catch any Reynolds bomb that would be put up.  I hope he comes through for the kids sake, but he should never have been picked at fullback and put into the situation he has been. Simmonsson was and is the obvious choice, whether the kid should be in the side at all is subjective.

Exactly the same arguments and demonstrations of JA being pushed too early are well illustrated in this blog, it cannot be denied. I hope they have a good shrink planned for the kid, because if he fcuks up badly he will need one. Nothing more we can say now, he in the side and playing. lets hope he makes me look like a fool. I have been there before and know what its like....being a fool that is!

PS I have no problems with blooding young players, it's just they have to demonstrate they are special or desperate before you do it.

• True. At least at fullback, he won't need to make as many tackles in the front line. Also, as the Broncos have Blazing, Reece-lightning speed, he might not miss that many tackles. Hopefully, he kills it (fingers and toes crossed).

• Presto  ! there  may lay the answer  , a good  " SHRINK  " !!   for any up and  comings , a shrink  that can prepare  to toughened  both  physically & mentally  even to hone  one's  skills to another level.   " sigh " unfortunately  such  shrink  we may seek is still  cooling off his heels. 

• Nothing wrong with this and if I was in charge of the Eels I wouldn't be opening the cheque book to keep him. Definitely want him to stay but he hasn't set the world on fire (which is hard to do in a team not doing that well) and isn't worth big $. If he was a legit out and out fullback with great skills (has decent skills but is a 5/8) then the Eels should go hard to keep him but he isn't better than Dyl and the Eels need a fullback with speed to burn. 

If he goes, it isn't the end of the world for the Eels. 

• The best thing for Blaize's career  and development is to get as far away from Brad Arthur and Parramatta as possible .

• The best thing for blaize and any other talented junior in our system would have been to leave two years ago. If you didn't play for the rousehill rhinos you ain't getting developed under BA.

• He's got potential but we just forked out 650k per year for a player who will be playing fullback for the next 4 seasons. I wouldn't be busting the bank here. 

• Haven't seen anything from him to suggest he will be anything but a middle of the road player.

Whether that's on him or our coaches I don't know.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Blaize may find there's no appetite for his services.

Hes got alot of work to do to be a regular first grader.

If your defence isn't up to scratch you shouldn't be getting picked in first grade.

• I agree Bup, I don't think anyone will be falling over themselves to get him...... a month or two ago we all thought he was going to be special. Subsequent analysis suggest that we pay him what he is worth, what ever that is i.e. no special premium

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

josh jones replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion New eels team logo
"Not bad. Coincidentally it  looks a bit like Arthur."
1 hour ago
Bob Smith replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"It's the same when the opposition is down to 12 men. The eels have no idea how to exploit a man short. "
3 hours ago
Adam Mogg replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"That's called accepting mediocrity "
3 hours ago
Bob Smith replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"The edge defence has been a problem for years and BA has no idea how to fix it. I can't think of anyone who would still be employed after failing for 11 years."
3 hours ago
More…