Replies

• Name one up and coming player the chocolate solders have lost not ONE...They are happy to wait in a strong winning system.   As for Parra ...ffs we cant even keep the journey men ...

• The Panthers also lost Isaiya Katoa before he played a single NRL game.

• Yep he lost players they believed they can easily replace....

• I wonder if it's because he is being played as a fullback when he seems to prefer 5/8. But based on his performances thus far I wouldn't be getting in a bidding war for him.

• Roosters will go after him

• Let's take a breath. Nothing unexpected here. 
    His current contract with the option was signed when he was playing SG Ball. He's now playing NRL so of course he'd want to test his value. He was never going to sign that option. 
    Still, I am sick of Parra players going to the open market before signing. It's always a circus. Gutho and Moses do it so I guess every player should. 

• Rejecting his option is absolutely expected - but openly going to market like this?

I agree that Gutho and Moses have set the tone here. Same with Junior, and Dylan with all of his All Blacks talk. Basically all the leaders. I'm not blaming them as individuals, but if the club is going to get sustained success we need to be locking up these kind of deals behind closed doors before it becomes a media circus. It's like we forget that we hold some cards too - but instead of initiating this conversation long ago, and making it clear that we don't want him to go to the open market, we want him to be a young leader of the club who shows how proud he is to be an Eel, and that we will compensate him for that loyalty we just...sit on our hands. At least that's what it looks like from the outside in.

Instead it plays out in the media like this and it reinforces that Parra is just that club that should always pay top dollar and feel pleased that players would even consider sticking around.

Another strike against our R&R that this has even made it to the media. I think we're going to need a new place to record these strikes...there's too many of them.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

The Badger replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion New eels team logo
"This is derogatory towards Clowns."
1 minute ago
The Badger replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"Unfortunately, we can't just offload the bums we have on multi year + option contracts. Some other dopes need to actually want them.
Unless we revert to paying halvsies then we are stuck with the MON deals. When Matterson was linked to Dolphins I…"
2 minutes ago
My Bob replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"^Spot on EE. I do not get all the jizz over Talagi. Useless defence, suspect under the high ball, put in a gap yesterday by a brilliant Brown pass that you or I could have strolled over to score and commentators and some fans needed a change of…"
6 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"Talagi is a turnstile in defence and he is no where near ready for NRL.  Potential yes, but no way does he take over from Gutho on current standings. If people can't see how much Gutho does for us defensively in comparison, then that is mind…"
12 minutes ago
More…