Signing News

EELS

Off-contract: Bryce Cartwright, Ofahiki Ogden, Samuel Loizou, Waqa Blake, Wiremu Greig.

The Eels are expected to lock down Cartwright and Greig to multi-year contracts. Blake and Loizou won’t be at the club next year. Blake is looking for a shot in the Super League. The club has not taken up the option on Ofahiki Ogden for next season.

https://www.codesports.com.au/nrl/nrl-player-market-deep-dive-every-offcontract-player-for-2024/news-story/f8d4663546edf2810b01924284ae90e9

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Ogden is interesting. Thought they'd keep him for next season at least. Must be promoting the young guys as our back ups.

• It was between him and Grieg and the latter had more impact.

I think with the Tuilagi signing there looking at adding some more size and youth to the pack.

• Shame but not surprising. They've already got enough middle forwards in Paulo, RCG, Offa, Greig and Makatoa. Personally I'd prefer Ogden over Makatoa but I guess Makatoa is already signed and on the payroll, so harder to get rid of. 

• Ogden didn't really get much chance to play. He's behind Makatoa. It's not all that surprising honestly, which is a shame. Happy to hear about Greig, less so about Cartwright. But it's good to have options.

• If your behind Makatoa that tells you enough 

• Yeah. I don't dislike ogden either. He reminds me a bit of that Broncos player from a few years ago. George Fai?

• 12227551669?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I mean fair, we don't need any middles but we need backs more lol.

• Eels make 'MAJOR MOVE'

😂😂😂.

I'd like to see their definition of a small move.

• Looks like all power has been taken away of the bush coach with all his bullshit back up forwards going out the door, davey murchie,  Ogden Hodgson.   Brad is next to go

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Storm
"I don't enjoy watching us either but I try my very best to walk away with something a little thing and see if they can repeat it weekly.
With this team right now I'd describe my expectations as being at the baby steps stage."
3 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Storm
"Graham this is our problem though right Guymer MA and Talagi are among the best of our youngsters coming through we have not much behind them if we aren't resigning them what and who do we.
Its how we end up the depth we have short of raiding…"
14 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Storm
"This is why we are in the mess with the roster now. Over paying players to keep them. It's time the Eels started to dictate contract negotiations."
19 minutes ago
HKF replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Storm
"No way we should pay talagi $500k. He is 2-3 years away from being worth that IF he continues to improve. If another club wants to pay him now then let them."
21 minutes ago
More…