Round 13 games

The Warriors showing the cheat code to attack Manly. Basically keep going to Suli for 3-4 tackles, bunch Manly up as they try to protect him, then spread a couple wide passes to their left and Bob's your uncle. Two easy-peasy tries for the Warriors following that strategy.

PS George Jennings despite a try, up to his old "out of position" or "missing tackles" best. I'd pay never to see him at Parra again.

PPS BA should make a raid for Jack Hetherington. After all the Panthers are our player development club :P

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It will be interesting to see what happens there. I'd like to keep Kane for the right money but not break the bank for him. 
        If he does go I think we definitely need to replace him with another NRL quality player from elsewhere. Hetherington would be great but if not him we need another quality front rower. My point is, we probably don't have that level ready to go in our current squad and we need it. 

• Hetherington is the guy, and I reckon we could prize him out of the Panthers hands with the right approach. Mark O'Neill has shown he has a deft hand in these matters.

• To quote Gus from Friday night's game - "You don't worry about the players who are out of the team, you worry about who is IN the team."

So many teams are capable of fidling strong competitive teams even when some of their so called strike players are out.

• Why can't Eels grow there own?  Unless Panthers have extended Hetherington he was only playing 4 games with Warriors. He is under contract for next year at Pennies.  Another local junior  was graded to top 30 last week.  Burton and Hetherington are top shelf players. I would say they will be used back end of season if needed and Heatherington is keeping match fit.  If BA is the man he could check out his own backyard. Give a home grown a legup. Geoff Toovey would be good in development. 

• We've debuted Stefano this season and Oregon Kaufusi has become part of our middle rotation. We've got Hughes and Hollis in the lower grades. Sometimes you have to go poach a good player from another club. If Kane Evans opts to leave then I'd jump at Hetherington.

• 1000% and I'd prefer him over Evans everyday of the week.

• It’s so easy to just say “look at our own”, but who do you have in mind ?

Hetherington is a ready made NRL player who isn’t getting game time. It doesn’t matter that he’s under contract, the Panthers are extremely pragmatic in these things. All we would have to do is offer to pay more of RCG’s and/or Waqa Blake’s salaries and they’d release him tomorrow.

• I doubt the Panthers will release Hetherington  actually. He looks like he could be anything and I reckon he'd be in their plans 

• He's surplus to their requirements at the moment, he's not in their best 17, and even with the limited exposure he's had with the Warriors his value would have gone up considerably. The Panthers have shown themselves to be fairly pragmatic about these things, unlike the Eels, they don't get hung up on losing a junior or three. They just mine their systems for another half dozen to replace them.

He's ripe for the plucking.

• Final point is a really good one and it's definitely worth considering.

Don't know what BAs plans are but we would be crazy not to, in the very least, make some enquiries about Hetherington. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

CarloEEL2 replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"Absolutely correct fongy 
first world problems 
that poor man losing such an awesome human amd that bubba without her mumma 😞🫶
agree on the statement "
2 minutes ago
Frankie Fong posted a discussion
While you all have feelings of rage and disappointment regarding the hapless eels and the fools who are involved with the club you should all take a step back and count your blessings .  Today I met the partner and father of the woman and baby who…
11 minutes ago
Longfin Eel replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"The attitude is definitely on the coach. He needs to nurture that culture of players doing their job well 100% of the time, and looking for ways that they can turn the game around. The best teams do this consistently. We don't see that often enough…"
11 minutes ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"100% mutt, i wouldnt even expect a gf win under him if he came for 2 years.
Id want his eyes and smarts to take a look over the whole club, and bring in a new era of professionallism to the club.
If we dont get wayne we are a joke."
15 minutes ago
More…