Replies

  • Not the be all end all. Rush seems like he will be heavily involved in recruitment.

     

    Lets go and have a crack at Daniel Anderson 

  • I would hire nick politis as recruitment manager 

  • Sounds like it's true.

    A huge miss for us. Rush was a big win, but the inability to get POS across the line is a really big loss, especially given Rush is an international and isn't in all the loops with local player managers. POS comes with a lot of gravitas and fanfare and would have instantly made our recruitment the talk of the town.

    Ahh Parra, when we give with one hand (Rush), we have to take away with the other (POS). Can't risk us actually feeling positive for a full 24 hour period can we.

    Edit:
    Someone on Reddit really nailed it unfortunately:

    "I know they’ve (the Eels) made some solid acquisitions lately but every time there has been another club in the race for a signing they’ve missed out."

    Very glad we have Rush. We need to start winning the race for people we want, both on and off the field. Every person we pursue, and who tells the media we're pursuing them, and then they turn us down makes us seem that less desirable for the next attempted hire.

    It's a bit embarassing when we're known as the cucks of the NRL.

    • Awell, no big loss, like the Stones said: You can't always get what you want but, hey, we got a big fish and even a bigger fish...never know, hopefully it'll be Bradman.

  • I was confused on how $500k/ year is the biggest deal for a recruitment manager but I did some digging and realised that there is a salary cap on your football department. Last reported figure is about $6 million

    • Yep there's a limit within football operations - but given we have a rookie coach and no real enormous names around the traps there's no way in the world that the Broncos would have more cash to throw around than us.

      • There's no limit on what you spend on a CEO. Personally I'd be looking at spending big on a CEO that can absorb some of the GM's major responsibilities. Have a rookie GM which is mainly administrative and spend up on the recruitment team. Just my opinion 

    • it was a soft cap of 6.8 million but that was years ago surely it has gone up with cap increases

    • If you believe all clubs abide by that, then I have stars to sell you. It's all BS!!!

  • Not surprised given his initial comment about the Broncos approach. Also an easier gig up there given the size of the club, brand and all the resources. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Roy tannous's discussion Peter O’Sullivan signs with broncos
"He will be on close to 800k a year at the broncos. I'm sick of the rich top clubs flaunting the fucking rules."
2 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Roy tannous's discussion Peter O’Sullivan signs with broncos
"If you believe all clubs abide by that, then I have stars to sell you. It's all BS!!!"
4 minutes ago
Angry Eel replied to Roy tannous's discussion Peter O’Sullivan signs with broncos
"There's no limit on what you spend on a CEO. Personally I'd be looking at spending big on a CEO that can absorb some of the GM's major responsibilities. Have a rookie GM which is mainly administrative and spend up on the recruitment team. Just my…"
15 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"Hopgoods just has to stay injury free that's what's holding him back.
If they keep playing him at prop I agree he's got no future there."
27 minutes ago
More…