Tuilagi has secured a release from the final two seasons of his contract with the Sea Eagles to sign a two-year deal under Brad Arthur at the Eels.

The Samoan international joined Manly from the Wests Tigers in 2023, featuring in 17-games for the Sea Eagles.

However, a logjam of backrowers at the Sea Eagles, including Haumole Olakua’atu, Ben Trbojevic and Josh Schuster has led Tuilagi to link with Parramatta.

Tuilagi will provide much required depth and competition in the back row at the Eels where Shaun Lane is regarded as the only edge forward guaranteed a starting spot in Brad Arthur’s best 17.

For the Sea Eagles, Tuilagi’s exit will enable the club to create further flexibility in their salary cap.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It never fails 

• Lol

• Big hard running edge forward. I'd rather him than Schuster to be honest. 

• I honestly don't know much about him but I respect the positives said by people I respect.

The usual suspects, well what do you expect, though a bit disappointed in Snake, mainly because he used the Manly forum as a guide, if their forum is anything like ours when it comes to suspects then I think it is a total ignore! comeon Snakey boy I can see the makings of a little horn coming from the top of your head! 

PS Karen is home (yesterday), I am doing the washing and cooking the meals.....she had jam on toast last night and said it was wonderful. I had leftovers from my 3 year old grandsons birthday party on Sunday.....can't wait till tonight, Karen fancies fish and chips, I am pretty sure I can handle that! lol

• I think this a good signing.  We need a replacement for Davey, Ogden, Murchie and hopefully Moimisea.  As for Manly fans having a bitch about him, that is probably more to do with the fact they are pissed at him leaving so choose to slag him off.  He is a big unit and athletic, runs hard and also has an offload.  Exactly what we need on the edge.  Now we just have to nail a centre and a winger.

• On the silvertails they always were critical about Tualagis goal line defense saying it was non existent.  Imagine what a pre season under the bush coach would do to his goal line defense foot-in-mouth

• Well he improved Cartwrights defence out of site. 

• Brett look at the stats, we are the worst goal line defenseive team in the comp.  You think Arthur is a good defensive coach think again brett

• Need to be more like roosters and lay in ruck. Only reason their goal line D was so good was they pushed the refs.

• I simply said he improved Carty's defence out of sight. If he did it with Carty, no reason he can't do it with Tuilagi. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Storm
"I'd love us to do this to but when you've nothing behind it we are back to square 1.
We don't seemingly have the nouse to negotiate good deals.
We still don't have that guy whose going to show us the way.
The sporting structure at our club seems…"
3 minutes ago
christeel replied to paul taylor's discussion Dogs are the real deal this year.
" " sigh  "  thought  parramatta  could have  done a little better  imo to pursue  Connor treacy , before  those  dogs  ."
5 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Storm
"To be fair we were 2-1 before losing Moses for 9 weeks."
10 minutes ago
LB replied to Adam Mogg's discussion Gutherson's post gane presser message
"I doubt there is anything to it to be fair. He did make clear when Ryles was hired he was not pleased how long it took and how little they were told about it, to which i say as it should have been. I believe players aren't happy with how the club is…"
14 minutes ago
More…