NRL Charges

What does it take to be sent off. A classic from last nights game is the tackle on Lane verses Sivo. Sivo a fine and the 2 Manly players get 2 weeks each. How does Parramatta benefit from this? The teams advantaged are the teams Manly play over the next week and the team disadvantaged is Parramatta. Cleary Sivo was dumb but should not have been binned. Also Penisini should not have been binned because Turbo was in front of the kicker. Brown was also called not square when clearly he was square. Manly players where also driving with the head in tackles and getting away with it. Another classic of why a fullback should not be sin binned. How Cherry Evans was not binned for back chat shows me why the captain should be a front line player.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sutton had a shocker last night. NRL in general is an amateur league, you don't see discrepancies happening in other sporting comps like this

• You are right but by the very nature of the game, NRL is so subjective on the personal whims of the referee. 

It's very ripe for corruption that's for sure. 

How to you fix it ? You can't, without slowing the game down so much that it becomes NFL. Perhaps investment in referees and matching that with good pay will go a long way but it won't take away the terrible bias that exists. Klein and Sutton are the favourite officials and seem to be without reproach whereas the better referees are the young up and comers that dont have their mates running the joint. 

• It took 2 seconds to see that Turbo was in front of the kicker. The bunker was having a nap is the problem. But you also had a ref and 2 linesman both clearly blind or biased?

• Suvo deserved to be binned the manly one was a sin bin on account of 2 players and how he landed.

I was hoping Sivo would get a 12 game suspension hopefully he's sees the rest of the year in reserve grade that us still a grade above what he should be he would do well in the Ron Massey cup team

• Clearly the NRL disagree as they only fined him. 

• I know I want him suspended and to never play 1st grade again.

A fine is correct but Sivo is a liability and should nor be allowed near 1st grade

• Parramatta reserves last week had 60% of the ball yet had a 9 to 1 penalty count against them. So it is beginning to show a pattern. Either poor discipline or ther refs simply hate us.

• Bottom teams don't get the 50-50 calls.

• Did Matterson get charged?

• $1000 fine 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"If 5/8 is his preferred position he probably should leave cause Dylan brown has a lock on that spot lol. Interesting info tho "
52 seconds ago
Hell On Eels replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"That's intriguing, Analyst.
BA said Blaize wants to play fullback, & that's probably his best position.
And Dylan, Gutho & co. were all talking about how "confident", yet quiet, the kid is.
So, either BA our club has completely misread the kid or…"
5 minutes ago
Avon Barksdale replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"If this is true than its really concerning. BA has to go now "
10 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"I don't blame him Bazza. How can a player have confidence in the coaching when they have little idea as to which position is best suited.  
Bennett would instantly make the call on any player's best position "
12 minutes ago
More…