NRL Charges

What does it take to be sent off. A classic from last nights game is the tackle on Lane verses Sivo. Sivo a fine and the 2 Manly players get 2 weeks each. How does Parramatta benefit from this? The teams advantaged are the teams Manly play over the next week and the team disadvantaged is Parramatta. Cleary Sivo was dumb but should not have been binned. Also Penisini should not have been binned because Turbo was in front of the kicker. Brown was also called not square when clearly he was square. Manly players where also driving with the head in tackles and getting away with it. Another classic of why a fullback should not be sin binned. How Cherry Evans was not binned for back chat shows me why the captain should be a front line player.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He'll fight the charge

• No because if he loses, it doubles. He won't risk it

• It is Penisini wrongful sin binning that is the one that is really frustrating. 

• Send offs don't really happen anymore, unless the ref is 100% certain that it is a send off. Even if it's 99.9% a send off they don't do it. Especially when you take home ground advantage into consideration, the screaming fans, and that chance those fans get restless if you send a player off. Definitely should have been 10 in the bin though.

• Sivo should have got more than a fine. That was grubby. 10 mins was the right call unfortunately.

I haven't seen the turbo offside. Fox Sports didn't mention it or show it as far as I remember. But if so that's disgusting stuff from the bunker. Either they don't know the offside rule and shouldn't be doing that job or they were cheating. If it is as clear as you all say then it can't be anything else.

• If you think Sivo deserved the bin then you must be yelling at the TV time and time again in games you watch, It happens all the time.

• It was a massive brain fart by Sivo but an even bigger one by the ref to bin him.

Manly were performing similar if not as clumsy looking after tackle stuff all game. 

• There was a slight slap on the face of Matterson from Brooks but no penalty. Sutton had his money probably on Manly😊

• I agree they let a lot go. But the ref had the option and took it. Rightly so and I think they always should. The real problem is they dont.

But  I do think he was in manly mode and refereeing in a direction. I believe the human eyes and brain reactionary speed can no longer keep up with our game and the refs lose all function at times and often make up for it by subconsciously refereeing in a direction. In such a scenario sivo was always getting sent off. We had no chance once the refs brain lost functioning.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bob Smith replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"Hi brissy"
30 minutes ago
christeel replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"Presto  ! there  may lay the answer  , a good  " SHRINK  " !!   for any up and  comings , a shrink  that can prepare  to toughened  both  physically & mentally  even to hone  one's  skills to another level.   " sigh " unfortunately  such  shrink  we…"
41 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"BA & O'neill only give a stuff about this year and next , not the future development of the club. Brad's contract is his priority hence our aging pack which will be obsolete in two years. This is why jnrs like Sanders and Talagi are last when…"
1 hour ago
est_88 replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Wet weather footy.
"Thank god Adam Reynolds isn't playing because his kicking game would of killed Blaize"
2 hours ago
More…