Needing a centre?

Just watched the World Cup Challenge, 3 tries to Brett Morris, would have been a handy pick up. I remember the nay sayers and arm chair coaches all saying yeah that would be a B.A move, picking up an over the hill , old centre, no way. Looks like hes going ok to me

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Give one of those young kids like Parry a go.

Trial by fire throw him in see how he goes.

• I would be playing Sivo or a youngster like Parry on one wing. I’d also be playing Salmon in the centres. Unlike forwards who generally play their best footy after age 25 playing in the backs is a young mans game. I agree with comments above Gennings, whilst a good athlete, is a bog average footballer with poor hands and nous as to where to put himself to score tries. Michael Jennings doesn’t have the best footy nous either really in terms of how to set up supports  but his slickness in attack and class in defence make up for it. 

I like the idea of Salmon in the centres he is a big enough body and has a passing game. He would form a good combination with Ferguson I think. 

I hope we don’t play Takairangi in the centres. He’s a talented player but not fast enough anymore to pley there. 

• Agree apart from Ramien, or a couple of others I believe go with our own youth

• Morris is a good pick up for the roosters who won't call on/ rely upon him too many times throughout the season and can cover periods when he is inevitably injured.
    If he came to the Eels, we would need him to play the same role that we hope Ferguson will play and he is not capable of that.
    If the cap fits, wear it.

• We didn't go with youth or some of our young up and comer's last season and look how we went.

I realise that we were understocked on big forwards, but we stunk.

Maybe whilst we are cellar dwellers, we haven't much to lose, give the likes of Parry etc. a shot and who know's? We have some big boppers now, well compared to last season. I think that the crap we saw between our halves being sorted out would also help the younger blokes and a more settled team in general.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Yep. At least our youth are getting NRL experience and if even a couple of them go good we win and so do they, it may just mean a couple more lean years during development but I would prefer taking a long term solution because God know's short term one's have burnt us.

• This reply was deleted.
  • If Yu saw the game , you’ll notice he was given shit ball for 2 tries, he made the tryline off his own back 

I wouldn’t have bought him tho 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nitram replied to Eelvangelist's discussion Parramatta 2024 Premiers!
"Lucky you. Positivity due to delusion in this instance is probably a good thing. Sadly, I'm a realist combined with a lover of the game, I understand it, I know when my team is cooked. They are."
8 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Mathew Clarke agree solely with you. BA has done a amazing job to bring the club back, but we are sinking at a great speed of knots. Got a tired old forward pack, injured long term backs, who should be getting rested whether they like it or not.…"
10 minutes ago
Sneaky Pete replied to Eelvangelist's discussion Parramatta 2024 Premiers!
"You must be on some pretty strong drugs. "
14 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"So you would have cayless over Mal? Muttman I thought you had a bit of sense. "
19 minutes ago
More…