Nathan Brown pleads guilty - cops 2 weeks

From NRL.com

Eels forward Nathan Brown will miss the next two rounds of the Telstra Premiership whenever the competition resumes after pleading guilty to a dangerous conduct charge.

Brown earned the ire of the match review committee after colliding with Dale Copley at Cbus Super Stadium during Parramatta's round-two win.

He and Gold Coast prop Moeaki Fotuaika were granted extensions last week due to the competition being suspended.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/22/round-2-charges-soliola-faces-fine-for-high-shot/

From my understanding, Nathan Brown was up for 2 weeks with an early plea or if he went to the judiciary and lost. What was the rationale behind the guily plea?

I'm not sure if I am being biased, but I don't think he had the opportunity to pull out of the contact when you view it in real time. What do you think?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seems a bit rough from what I saw. Should have taken it on and produced umpteen amounts of video footage of Billy Slater sliding in which never got charged.

• I thought a early plea would get him 1 week only?

• Well, there goes the season.

• N Brown has a bit of Paul Gallen style in his game. Not in a good way. He tends to overcall the ball too often, wasting a tackle and momentum by taking an ineffective hit up when it's the last thing we need. It's a bigger problem than has been pointed out. This and his ill-discipline are holding him back. 

• Sometimes I think we should look toward a new lock if browns injuries and suspensions continue

• Would Matterson work at lock or is he better suited staying on the edge?

• This reply was deleted.
      • Good point - forgot about the defensive workload

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mitchy replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Correct - Cameron type guy would be good but along with some nous around him. Bennett again could be good but an understudy along with him such as a Holbrook. Brian Smith to help juniors too would be useful. He knows a bit about footy...
I know he…"
2 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"Fergo = ¡estúpido cabrón!"
8 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"I mean it's terrible isn't it while Melbourne and alike look for players all over the shop what are we doing lining up with everyone else looking in the same shopping window.
Then we get the sook brigade crying why other teams can get this player…"
38 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Muttman bought up Matt Cameron as an ex Parra guy brought through under Brian Smith as a key hire for me before they worry about FG they need to fix the layers underneath.
This in my eyes is the key hire and give him the tools to succeed.After the…"
45 minutes ago
More…