BA's Round 8 presser

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2024/04/25/coachs-media-round-8/

What a master, saying a long time since he's seen them play like that. It was a long time, try two weeks prior against Canberra. Saying it is one loss, try 2 out of 3 games putting up that performance and the Canberra game is the reason for him snapping since it is happening more. You do not snap like that uncharacteristically if it is a one off.

His Sanders explanation was not great either.

Oh well let's see how we go and how they respond.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Funny how a lot of BA fan boys on here are now jumping of the bus but blaming everybody else. A lot on here have known and been saying for years that the coach was not the only one responsible for this situation. 

• You know what's even funnier fans who don't actually no how a sporting structure within a club works.Of course when everything goes wrong it's the coaches fault.I mean it's not as though the people above him haven't fired him or had the chance to fire him over the years.

Let that marinate for a second.Whose the real problem.Let me guess fire BA but keep the same process and people that enforced it problem fixed right.

• That is one thing Coryn, people go off at BA for re-signing yet there are people who agree to give him that extension. It is the same as people who blamed JA when he played, not his fault he was picked to be fair.

• Completely true... but it might just be that BA getting the arse is likiely seen as the only move that is really possible i.e. far easier to punt a coach than fix everything above him. I think a lot of people calling for BA's head would be well aware there are bigger problems above BA... but what is needed there (Board removals, maybe x 2, more constitutional reform to allow easier removals etc) is all just so much harder to achieve.

Turfing BA might just be the kinda desperate to see something happen option that's quickly achievable...

Parra to me are almost a textbook case of a fish rots from the head. We need a new head more than anything... but that said, I'd still take Clint Eastwood tomorrow and hope that he can at least man manage the playing group (not just be mates), re-energise them, get structures right, hold them to account and then at a stretch, hopefully influence some change above him.

• Muttman bought up Matt Cameron as an ex Parra guy brought through under Brian Smith as a key hire for me before they worry about FG they need to fix the layers underneath.

This in my eyes is the key hire and give him the tools to succeed.After the Nathan Brown review which I'm unsure how that's shaped our pathways.

I just feel we need a guy with a connected plan from the base all the way through to FG.We use words like identity culture and alike I honestly don't know what Parra's is.

The coach and MoN may have had there time but what's next after that fly Bennett in for a year or 2 then what.Parra need a guy with a long term vision as we are 10 years behind the benchmark now and falling further and further behind.

• Correct - Cameron type guy would be good but along with some nous around him. Bennett again could be good but an understudy along with him such as a Holbrook. Brian Smith to help juniors too would be useful. He knows a bit about footy...

I know he would not probably entertain it but a Bellamy / Ponisi hire would also help.

• Mate just so we all get it can you please say " higher pay grade" and " fijian superstar " one more time. 

• I mean it's terrible isn't it while Melbourne and alike look for players all over the shop what are we doing lining up with everyone else looking in the same shopping window.

Then we get the sook brigade crying why other teams can get this player and that player.Whatever you do don't take a punt on finding the next Radradra just sit there and use the tunnel vision syndrome.

• As the great Foghorn Leghorn once said "this kids about as sharp as a bowling ball "

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

EA replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Blake was good in 2019 as he only joined mid season that year. From 2020 he was horrible. He did have a decent end to the season when we got knocked out my Penrith in the finals in a close game, but that's about it. "
35 minutes ago
LB replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"Newcastle won too without Ponga. But injuries have effected our seasons, 2025 will be fine."
48 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘's discussion Bushie - The worst finals winning record in the history of the game.
"Minimum 8 matches magpie"
1 hour ago
Frank The Tank replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Absolutely that would be the worst case scenario.
BA plus another rebuild - just F him off already for Christ sake."
1 hour ago
More…