Mediocre

Something I've just realised and been dealing with lately is how many fans are happy with this club putting out sub par performances or worse. Constantly finding excuses for results for the team loss and so on. 

I've backed BA for 10 years solid, had some massive run ins about it over that time on this site. Before now been happy to be a unicorn, it nearly came off a few years ago when we made the grand final. But typically like parra we folded and crumbled. 

We haven't played one decent game this season except for the Panthers game this year. Our wins have only came from the opposition letting us. Cowboys win was probably the worst win since Kearney days, we were like old man running set plays. 

Tonight against manly I'm surprised how many people are saying we put a effort in. We played well, refs lost us the game. Manly tonight were way off the pace the first half, were clunky as and any other team probably would of went into half time leading. They put 20 minutes of footy together and ran a muck. Got the lead and went on with it. 

If we were a decent footy team we would of put a decent score on manly that first half. But happy to cruise along. The second half defensively we fell asleep like the last few weeks. 

If everyone is happy with mediocre go for it, I've been following this club for way to long and it's the same old story. We are miles behind the 8 ball and in serious issues. Have a growing of age forward pack, that's holding up a lot of cash. 

Plus a coach who won't let anyone in with experience or leadership into any roles that may effect him. 11 years now, with one grand final appearance. Which we got smashed! No signings for this year when we obviously needed them, showing now. Plus the club is going backwards at a very fast pace. 

Time for change in management, coaching and players. If not this will only get worse. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another dumb remark, " our wins are from the opposition letting us", let's hope the Storm and Broncos are in a generous mood when we play them, and let us win, maybe we can ask them nicely.

• Go ask them Michael, or Alan if that's your real name. We will get flogged by them if we keep playing the way we are. If you ask really nicely they might keep it close or destroy us just the second half like most other teams this season. 

• Spot on mate 

• I've backed BA for ten years too, but not now. It's time for a change and we must get quality. You just know that nobody from Parra has asked Bennett about his services.

• I reckon Bennett will end up at South's and we will extend Bushie.

• The only thing I hold out hope regards to Skeletor is that he has been there done that at Souffs.

• Bradley, remember what your mum said?

Obviously all those things are correct and its now a case of what we can actually do rather than putting in a wish list. Everybody is full of advice and what ifs, but it is all meaningless at this point of time.

What you are saying needs be addressed in a practical way. This is not about us, its up to the clubs leadership. We can do nothing about this for a simple reason, we don't know what they are thinking or doing......maybe a small prayer that they are doing something.

Whether Bennett ends up at Souths is not in our control., even if we do or have spoken to him its not in the clubs control either. All the things you think need to be done is not going to be public until a decision has been made by all parties.

NB Bennett is a coach of another NRL Team and I could not imagine him doing anything that will effect that teams performance as to what he is doing in the future. Unofficially and behind the scenes, something may be said and done. If we did approach Bennett, it would only be in confidence, he would have it no other way.

• Yeah I'm thinking most of us already presumed as much!

It was well known and for some time when Bennett was at Souths that he was heading to the Dolphins and staff move slowly at the Eels as the Grandstand team were discussing today. Souths will make their move and secure Bennett before the Eels have even asked for his phone number and then we'll sign Ryles, or possibly worse.

• We will leave it to late out of respect to BA and then Bennett is  gone as we took to long and despite missing the 8 again we keep BA as nobody better. Or we go with Ryles which is better if rebuilding.

• There was a gap year between Souths and Dolphins. Bennett's announcement was predicated by who got the licence. It was known he was going to coach the team that won the right.

That is bullshit about Ryles, no one at Parra board level would have even heard of him....Bellamey apprentices are not renowned successes in the coaching ranks, don't forget BA learnt his defence strategies from Bellamey and then Toovey.

Don't forget we also had one of our most succesful coaches come from the Bellamey school, his name was Kearney and it wasn't Ken.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"This is what I've been saying for awhile now.
Parras key signing isn't the head coach it's the director of football someone with the road map of how to look at the club as a whole and have the big picture plan.
This is what our board aren't…"
6 minutes ago
Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"What you're saying makes sense to me Pimpin. The influence of a coach is massive in keeping who you want to keep."
13 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Marcelo Montoya.
With regards to Sivos kick returns what no one has mentioned is wear and tear.Sivo is 30 yrs old and these soft tissue injuries are seemingly catching up with him.I also don't think this guy has played a full season in the last 3…"
28 minutes ago
Adam Magrath replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Have you seen the Warriors play at all in the past 2 seasons? Both their wingers run the ball with the very style you suggest no one does. I know one of them is DWZ and I can't even think what the other guys name is. I don't know their height and…"
1 hour ago
More…