MAJOR CHANGES NEEDED!

I believe the Eels need to change the way they do things. Everywhere from identifying and developing juniors through to the running of the NRL squad. There is nothing I hate more than seeing Eels juniors succeeding at other clubs in positions our NRL side is struggling. I really struggle to understand how the Eels can regularly win junior rep competitions yet continue to struggle at the top grade.  Who and when have the Eels had top quality players at either half-back or hooker that came through our juniors? 

I think the Eels must find an experienced head coach and head of football who can be given total control of the running of the club. They should be given a time frame with targets to be met each year. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nathan Brown come in to do a review of the elite pathways in mid 2022, claims of nepotism were rumoured in the media pretty close to the GF. He subsequently left for the Gold Coast in 2023. Was he pushed, or did he find it too big a job?

Mark O'Neil was supposed to come in and sort a lot of the recruitment out, and take the load off BA. How has that worked out? 

Already been tried to date, but anything in future has to start from the top. No point bringing in someone like Bennett etc if they are undermined by the rest of the organisation. We unfortunately don't have a big dominant personality (and $$$) like Russell Crowe to force change.

Starts with the board for mine. While they are there, don't see much changing.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Bernie Gurr where are you."
4 minutes ago
Frankie Fong replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"With due respect to Wynn and Cronin the game is far different from when they played , we need someome a little more current .  
 "
17 minutes ago
LB replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Imagine the money they would bring in from memberships alone if Bennett was hired? It would be optimism and excitement. Like when Tom Brady signed for Tampa Bay, their season tickets sold out in minutes for that season. 
Or, here is a weird thought,…"
21 minutes ago
Richard B'Stard replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"BA Clause or not, the players would be thrilled if Bennett was hired."
26 minutes ago
More…