Lane is cooked

I've seen enough of Lane the last few games, he's done something is just not right with him. He's become lazy, lerthagic and his mind is somewhere else.Time to move him on.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He hasn't been great but I'll defend him for last night. He was definitely injured in that spear tackle. It was a shocker. I wouldn't play well after that either. 

• Lane has always played his best footy later in the season. He's a massive body who needs a lot of match conditioning. He has been well below his best so far though. 

• I agree and I would not move him on. He has lost confidence & match condition. With MM back and Brown next to Lane we could see the weapon he was before the  broken jaw etc.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. We need a new coach and we have a top centre coming 🙏

• I agree there is way too much knee jerk stuff going on. Most of our best 17 are still very good players. 

• Moses being out has hurt them a lot but when our top 17 is available it's a borderline top 8 side I think. Need more speed in the lineup especially out wide 

• We have a massive problem with our backrowers laterally in defence.

Lane was shocking last night whenever a player changed direction and failed to get across several times because he plants his feet before initiating contact .

Matterson often fails to work hard from the inside and Hopgood struggles late in halves because of his high work rate .

The club has made overtures to young Dylan Lucas who doesn't have that problem and like Nuikore he can aptly fill in the centre position.

The Dolphins are also after him and the knights want to keep him.

• Bup I wonder if Lane is missing Dylan on inside of him real bad. In hindsight think Dylan covered for him laterally quite a bit.

i think last night he was real shook up by the head slam myself but regardless we have no one that can replace esp Doorey being out. I'd say he would have stayed off if we had a replace.

If we are chasing Lucas hope we can get him coz lord we need someone to go. Miss Nuikore laterally so very much :( 

that foot plant he put in the middle vs Brown was embarrassing and lussick was just as bad there too.

couldve been much worse on scoreboard if Hands wasn't on bench :(

• That's part of it Mace but he's played nearly 200 first grade games and a near 30 year old backrower it's not good enough to not complete your assignments.

As for Lucas , he's old man's staying with me in the next week or so , I'll definitely ask the question.

• Moretti on the edge?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"What you're saying makes sense to me Pimpin. The influence of a coach is massive in keeping who you want to keep."
2 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Marcelo Montoya.
With regards to Sivos kick returns what no one has mentioned is wear and tear.Sivo is 30 yrs old and these soft tissue injuries are seemingly catching up with him.I also don't think this guy has played a full season in the last 3…"
16 minutes ago
Adam Magrath replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Have you seen the Warriors play at all in the past 2 seasons? Both their wingers run the ball with the very style you suggest no one does. I know one of them is DWZ and I can't even think what the other guys name is. I don't know their height and…"
53 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Will or Mutts, did any of you gents hear Micheal Chammas' theory on on why our club doesn't really want Bennett?
"If" true, it's concerning, because it means the club has got things arse end up on the footy side.
This is from the The Saturday…"
2 hours ago
More…