Daly Cherry-Evans has been successful in his case to have a dangerous throw charge downgraded at the NRL judiciary and as a result will not miss any games.https://www.zerotackle.com/judiciary-make-call-on-daly-cherry-evans-over-dangerous-throw-charge-209116/

The star Manly Sea Eagles halfback, who captains both his club and state, was hit with a Grade 2 charge for a tackle gone wrong during Friday night's loss to the Parramatta Eels.

The grade of the charge meant Cherry-Evans was facing a two-week suspension with an early guilty plea. Unlike teammate Haumole Olakau'atu who elected to accept his early guilty plea on the same charge though, the halfback went to the judiciary to plad his case that his charge should only have been a Grade 1 offence.

The decision, reached after around 90 minutes of evidence and then a ten-minute deliberation from the three-man panel comprised of former player Tony Puletua, ex-referee Greg McCallum and chairman Geoffrey Bellew, will see Cherry-Evans free to play this weekend and only facing a $750 fine.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Of course he did. If that's a Parra player he's gone for a month. 

• What is wrong here is that Olakau'atu went on with the tackle and drove the upper body to the ground. The ref should have sent  him off straight away and put Cherry Evans on report. Olakau'atu charge should have been higher and a player should not get a discount because 2 players where involved in the tackle. It was very clear from the beginning that Olakau'atu was the main tackler. The tackle was not that different to Cleary's tackle on Brown.

• I actually have no issue with a squeaky clean player with as many games under his belt without once being to the judiciary , getting a break. Hes now had his one and only mulligan. 

• More like he sliced his drive into the trees, magically hit a branch and bouned on the fairway. 

• I was about to post exactly the same thing wiz.

• Only thing is that DCE himself admitted to being the main person to blame in the press conference after the game.

• Being a cleanskin shouldn't absolve you for your transgressions. 

A fine wasn't a suitable punishment. 

• It does in life so why not at the rugby league judiciary. If you get booked for speeding and have never had a fine you'll get off with a warning upon application  , would you not take your opportunity for this and pay your fine and cop the points on principle , BEM ? If so I'll accept your case .

And he wasn't absolved , it should be on his record if he gets sighted again in his next appearance. Wasn't Sivo spared his first 10 or 12 times he was charged for being charged for his relevant offences ? I'm sure if it were Moses who's also relatively a clean skin we'd have the opinion he deserves leniency. 

• Paid the fine and took the points. I accepted responsibility for my actions.

I disagree with regards to Moses. If he did that I wouldn't expect leniency. 

Sivo should've been suspended for his elbow drop instead of a monetary penalty. 

Just my opinions 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

KENDOZA replied to Frankie Fong's discussion EELS FANS AND MEMBERS POLL
"Yes"
10 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Frankie Fong's discussion EELS FANS AND MEMBERS POLL
"I wish we had the option of what they have in Germany with the Bundesliga which is the 50 plus 1 rule. It basically means that the fans/members of a club have the final say on voting and what direction the club goes in and limits the absolute power…"
11 minutes ago
Tad replied to fake midget pseudoachondroplasia's discussion Steve McNamara
"Good blog FM. I think you can go with untried coaches provided you have good professional assessments made through a selection process which includes someone like a Dr Jauncey who knows what to look for."
23 minutes ago
Eelvangelist replied to Eelvangelist's discussion Eels 2024 Premiers!!
" Thanks Dr"
24 minutes ago
More…