Israel folou, 2ue interview

Listening  this morning,  alan Jones  interviewing  israel folou who is raising  3 million dollars  from public donations  for his legal  fees  against  rugby  Australia for unfair  dismissal.  This morning Israel  said  his fight  is because  of his strong  Faith , beliefs  in the bible that has made him who he is today.  Now personally  ive  nothing  against  him what so ever,  but he mentions   to jones very  strongly  the importance of the bible again on which he lives  by , which  he comes  to as we all know  his public condemnation for many sinners who eventually will end up in hell . Can  those  out there  who is familiar with   the bible  tell me if Israel is 100% correct to  pass  judgement   based on his beliefs ? Here is  one  quote , but is there  another  side  ?3045972464?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Prof, there is no room in the Christians life to hate others or anyone, that is very explicite in the Bible 

Matthew 5:43-48 (NLT)  43  “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy.
          44  But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45  In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46  If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47  If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that.48  But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

There are also quite a lot of other verses that say the same. 

• Here we go.

Attack the Christian instead of answering a legitimate question.

QANTAS is showing definite double standards. If Joyce is so hung up and standing for gay rights then show this standard right across his business.

What a fark stick he is.

• If Folou wanted to go on a holiday, and booked business or first class with his wife, would Joyce allow him to fly with Quantas?

• Steve, The reason Folau saga has caused so much passionate debate is not because of mainstream open-minded Christianity. It's not even really because of Folau per se. Most can see he's been a bit bird-brained. And it's sad really.

Consider some of the excuses.

True democracy and absolute freedom of speech is dead or dying. Minority Gays rights have been put over Christian values. Christianity is under attack. And so on.

Now look at the reality. Objectively.

Folau's freedom of speech has not been impeded. It's on steroids. Social media, the wider media, radio. Not censored, not banned. 

Absolute freedom of speech, without caveats, in the workplace or anywhere is naive. Always has been.

Go calling your clients f### a##holes, mother#####, go #### my d###. Scream "bomb" on a plane.

Good manners in cultural settings complying with Codes Of Conduct are necessary, even if your personal feelings differ.

RA sacked Folau because he continually breached their code of conduct (inclusive of both gays and religious faith).  Even after being warned. Not because of his Christian faith. He publically vilified gays.

Take away those excuses, and what's left? Three main belief systems that are reacting to this saga:

1. Conservative-Christian ideals. And some zealous Christians who feel their religion is under attack. As well as the question of consevative religions in general.
        2. The gay question. Many don't like the idea of homosexuality and/or think gays are too protected and pandered.
        3. Anti-lefties who think the democratic world is being controlled by lefties, civil rights groups and their pandering to minority groups. Some of those don't know what they want really, except they are angry and want to express it freely.

But for the third group that's because they live in a freer West. Not in parts of Africa, Asia, Middle East or Russia. Places where you can speak up against the government and go to jail or be executed. Ironically those are typically the countries that do not legally protect gays (and sodomy) and do not have strong civil rights groups also. How is that working out?

What we have here in Australia and the West, so to speak, where Christianity is the predominant religion from all others, is not perfect and there is some control over rights, but it is still better than the alternatives that exist eleswhere. 

Humans just like to whinge. Stick to their beliefs and mental constructions. And are never satisfied. It's no wonder we can't work together and mutually respect each other. Instead we kill each other more than any other species, and will more than likely end up destroying ourselves. Sad really.

• I can't see how his post vilifies anyone, he was asked what his believed he gave an honest answer that he believes what the bible says and did it in a non judgemental way and in softening his response he included multiple examples of sins and he has been hung drawn and quartered, for what?

He can't rewrite the bible to suit everyone else's feelings

• Steve,  Thanks mate. I respect that we can have a civil conversation on this. If there were more Christians like you, or Muslims, or political wingsters, the world would become closer to the kinder world Jesus spoke about. 

You are right, he can't rewrite the Bible. He gave his honest opinion. All good.

But I agree with RA and Folau's GoFundMe's take on it. In so far in that it doesn't fit with an inclusive minded employer.

To vilify means to write something which suggests something is "vile" in some way. 

Folau publically condemning gays to hell (and are evil or vile in some way) is a form of public vilificiation which breaches the Code Of Conduct of inclusive employers.

I have zero problem with Folau continuing to preach gays are going to hell. Or the church if they want to. Or people who don't like gays. Or the anti-lefies. All fine. Talk until they're blue in the face. F####d if I care. It's how they feel. Not my business.

But up to a point. As long as it's just talk.And no action.

Unless they start getting into Christian Nazism or Nigerian killings of gays. Then it's a big problem. Because it isn't Africa or Brunei here.

But as long as they don't force me or employers who want inclusiveness to accept "vilification" and divisiveness, and respect the last 200 years of Western civil rights - in our workplace.

I'm supporting the principle of humans working together. Not divisiveness. 

• Thanks mate,

I don't get how he villified anyone but now he is being villified in a big way, my bet is his wife will cop it next. What he did he certainly never deserved to be sacked over, this whole mess was blown right out of proportion, if RA had of said nothing it would of blown over within a couple of days.

Kicking him off go fund me has only galvanised him more support, it will be very interesting how this pans out. I wonder how many votes may have been swayed in the marriage equality referendum if this had of happened before it.

• HOE the biggest issue I have is the hypocrisy.  All this happened because of Qantas threatening to remove sponsorship of RA.

Yet Qantas has a partnership with Emirates and has stop overs in Dubai where gays can be jailed or even killed.  If go fund me felt guilty of helping Folou by holding his fundraising page, is Qantas not just as guilty for forcing gays to stop over in country that condemns them 1 million times worse than any little meme on the internet?  The LGBT community are also attacking Folou's PR company for association with him. But once again silence on Qantas which is touted as a leader in inclusiveness

• Fake Midget,

I'm at a loss with this whole sorry saga, now that even Folau's wife is being persecuted (assuming Col is correct).

Well business does what business does. In their interests. Unfortunately. That is the way of the world. 

It would seem mixing religious doctrines of 2000 years with modern main-stream "inclusive" minded Western businesses is a potential recipe for disaster.

Unless religious "public" speech more sensitively takes into account business philosophy. Like not screaming "I am a fanatic Muslim...surrender to Allah" on a plane and scaring everyone into thinking you're a fanatic terrorist.

As Folau has found out.

Sad. Real-life story this.

• FM, that's an interesting post, without proof there has been some wierd things said about Joyce but while he's not a person I have any real liking for he seems to have got Quantas back on track even though he was the cause of bringing down an Irish Airline as it went bust under his watch, but he's not alone in that area either.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"So Mal or Barrett are the only ones available to step right in the rest of the year. Keep ba than and win the spoon. "
6 seconds ago
Michael Ericson replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Mate you couldn't have scored them lol. He makes them look easy but there is no easy try in the nrl.
There are wingers I would take over him too but they aren't in our squad. If the team is going well he fits in as a finisher and generally decent…"
46 seconds ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Exactly, you need a good team of management to drive the team. Something ba has never been apart of. I've stuck up for BA every year until now. Had his back 100%. But with the team we have, should be playing way better. Even without our general at…"
2 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Gutho makes the call on whether he kicks or not. Coaches don't sit in the box dictating who takes the kicks like under 7's.  The coach may step in to tell them to take the two for a penalty , but that's as far as that goes.  Coaches don't even…"
3 minutes ago
More…