Hidden Truth

As we go 3 and 5 with a Bye / Brisbane / Melbourne / Bunnys and the Sharks coming up, all logic dictates that we could quite easily find ourselves rooted to the bottom of the League table. Our season in shambles, the volcanic pressure to replace the coach mid season will heat up like never before.  Last night with only a  72% completion rate, literally a dropped ball every 3rd set. The terrible service that our dummy half provided at times, the goal kicking accuracy of under 8's, the loss of an elite half back, playing the game with 12 men for 20 minutes, a lopsided penalty count against us, a team that looks and feels fatigued. A Manly team in the top 4, full of international players  with their goalkicker kicking 5 from 5 all over the place. I have just one question that really bugs me.

How with 10 minutes to go - We have outscored Manly 4 tries to 3.

Let that sink in for a moment. With 10 minutes to go we have scored more tries then them, kick our goals and in a fantasy world we are actually in front 26 -20 with 10 to go.

12436225471?profile=RESIZE_710x

Im so confused by this team, every inch of me wants to blow the team up, sack the coach, bring in better players. Tear the joint down, sack the football board, sack the retention committee, sack the CEO.And that is probably valid.  But the truth is with 10 minutes to go we had outscored a current top 4 team full of internationals.

So where is the truth in this team, are they that hopeless, what will it take to finish games, and ice the moments. Is it a coach change, is it a Captain change, is it a senior player returning to the team, is it an off field culture. Something has to change, but im not sure if its a wholesale change. We outscored Manly 4 tries to 3 and Im dumbfounded that that was the case, it didnt feel like that.  Do they need time off over this Bye fortnight with a holiday to relax and re focus, or should they be heading out to Holsworthy Army Base and the Blue mountains with an SAS like mini preseason of hard work and team building skills for a fortnight.

Is it a major change and shakeup that we need, or will some tweaks with players minds and buy in's rectify our season. Im not sure.

I sum up our team a bit like Mika Sivo. The representative figure of our season. He scores a hattrick of tries, but a lot of us want him gone. Now that is confusing in any ones language. But thats our reality. Like the Eels team, how can we do so many things right and still get it so wrong.

Surely its between the Ears of the players ! Isnt it.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Things he hasn't given them ????!!!!!

that list is longer than a five year olds santa list - there ain't enough hours in the day for that !!!!😆

• Give them the week off LB I'd give the whole squad the week off.

Get away from footy that's the coach the players the training staff the lot.

Theres no point continually flogging a dead horse here.

• Was that directed at me? Im not sure what comment you are replying to sorry Coryn.

• Bring back the parra Jesus we need a miracle to get this season back on track 

• Retention is a massive problem imagine if we had saab big o and aioli.  We would probably have 2 really good nrl teams.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Inside Info replied to Eli Stephens's discussion All signs point to Blaize staying.
"Isaac Moses"
1 hour ago
Inside Info replied to Eel for life's discussion Think we found our new fullback (and x factor)
"Whilst he did some good things, needs alot of work. Storm will work him over next week. i dont see X factor in him "
2 hours ago
LB replied to Seraph's discussion BA Presser
"Lol Ray Hadley said on 2GB last night Talagi is refusing due to BA. I don't think so Ray."
2 hours ago
jjeel replied to Eli Stephens's discussion All signs point to Blaize staying.
"Who is his agent?"
3 hours ago
More…